Full-Time Farm Manager
Peace Hills Insurance is a growing Canadian insurance company specializing in property and casualty insurance. We have over 200 employees with branch offices in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We are dedicated to providing the best customer service available. Peace Hills Insurance prides itself on being a flexible, positive, and rewarding place to work.
Company culture is what sets aside Peace Hills Insurance from our competitors. Our personality is reflected in our mission statement, corporate values and business ethics and is further exercised through the architecture of our office. Visit www.peacehillsinsurance.com.
We currently have a full-time position available for a Farm Manager. This role is based out of our Edmonton office. Reporting to the Regional Director, ROC, the Farm Manager will lead an underwriting team, and hold responsibility to cultivate and maintain relationships with brokers. The Farm Manager is accountable for the development and maintenance of a profitable book of Farm business.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and monitor the current policy wordings and the Farm product in its entirety. Analyze the market and line of business; recommend changes to the product and update policy wordings and line limits as required.
- Establish key contacts; develop and maintain strong relationships with brokers and farm stakeholders and grow the product profitably.
- Ensure Underwriters are trained and operating within established standards.
- Provide leadership while overseeing and managing the Farm business.
- Carry out the full scope of management responsibilities to a team of underwriters i.e., performance management, training, coaching, recruitment, etc.
- Monitor, achieve and maintain service standards and ensure team understands and complies with relevant regulations.
- Identify key transaction risks and trends and develop and implement processes to mitigate such risks or trends.
- Ensure Farm profitability targets are with in alignment with the applicable Branches.
- Responsible for leading various projects and ensuring completion.
- Assist marketing representatives by visiting brokers periodically.
- Undertake annual file and quote audits to ensure underwriting guidelines are adhered to. Take remedial action as required.
- Conduct rate surveys on a periodic basis.
- Various other duties as required.
- CIP/FCIP designation or near completion
- Relevant post-secondary education
- Minimum 10 years related experience in an underwriting role
- Farm experience – minimum 10 years Farm experience
- Management experience is considered an asset
- Knowledge of underwriting risks and risks management
- Knowledge of policy wordings and rating guidelines
- Understanding of the industry and area of service
Working at Peace Hills
Along with a competitive base pay, Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in this great opportunity to build a career, submit your resume to Peace Hills Insurance at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
226 total views, 2 today