Full-Time Experienced E&O professional
We Are Looking for an experienced E&O professional to join our Professional and Financial Solutions team.
Who We Are
We are Tokio Marine Canada (TMCAN), a new, entrepreneurial, start-up Canadian insurance company based in Toronto, with a focus on the commercial Property and Casualty industry. We are part of the Japanese-based Tokio Marine Group of Companies, one of the world’s largest and most reputable insurance organizations. At TMCAN we will work with select brokers across Canada providing business insurance solutions for Canadian customers across a broad spectrum of insurance coverages.
Our Noble Purpose: We believe in a future Canadian Society that is innovative, progressive, and prosperous. This will require businesses to grow, challenge the status quo, and take calculated risks. We exist to help Canadian business by supporting them in the risks they take on by partnering with select professional brokers in providing practical solutions, superb service and being there in their times of need. We are Tokio Marine Canada – we aspire to be a Good Company – and you can trust us to always do the right thing.
Our focus is simple – create the best team of professionals in the business. If you enjoy the excitement, challenges and rewards that come with creating better ways to do business, this may be the opportunity for you.
What You Will Do
Your responsibilities will include:
- Production Underwriting of profitable new and renewal Professional, Financial and Cyber business. Potential for production underwriting of profitable new and renewal Directors and Officers Insurance for Private and Non-profit organizations.
- Risk selection and analysis using logical methodical underwriting tools and methods to support business.
- Ensuring all files are well documented and comply with departmental requirements
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with our broker partners nationally
- Market presentations and relationship management ability to help develop business
- Working collaboratively with colleagues for multi-line approach
- Identify cross selling opportunities
- Grow target business and maintain profitability
- Ability to conduct peer reviews and broker/MGA audits
- Internal monthly and quarterly review presentations on results and production
- Ability to train/mentor designated staff and take on a leadership role
- Ongoing learning and updating of changes in marketplace, insurance trends, and litigation
- Developing, maintain, and enhancing underwriting manuals
- You may also be required to assist with broader company tasks as needed
- Possibility of travel up to 10%
Who You Are
You are experienced underwriter in specialty lines. You are a team player with a positive attitude who thrives in a consensus culture with an emphasis on collaboration. You are a self-starter who is excited by the opportunity to jump right in and can come up to speed quickly. You are comfortable working on a lean team and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and do the work that needs to be done.
- The ideal combination of education and experience including:
What’s In It For You
You will have the opportunity to work with leadership and across teams and have an impact on the business, its growth, and the future of the company. The opportunities for the people that join Tokio Marine Canada are significant, from personal and professional growth to innovation and collaboration, we are committed to fostering an environment to help our people work together and realize their potential.
Opportunity awaits – come realize your potential at TMCAN!
A Bit More About Us
At Tokio Marine, we are a new and growing company. We value collaboration and knowledge sharing and we actively seek out ideas. Your work will have an impact. We support our employees’ growth. We work hard to create a dynamic company culture that reflects our vision – to be a good company. We seek ways to give to help our communities and support causes important to our employees. We believe our employees represent the best this industry has to offer, and we want to keep building on that.
We work in a hybrid model and you should expect to split your time between working in the office and working remotely, with flexibility based on the role and the business needs. We currently have an office in downtown Toronto and will eventually be establishing offices in other provinces. Should you currently work in a province where we do not have an office, you will remain remote until such time as we do establish an office.
While we no longer require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, to protect the health & safety of our employees and communities, we fully support and highly recommend that all of our employees be fully vaccinated.
TMCAN is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please let us know.
How to ApplyPlease apply via our careers page: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=78ee7926-30f3-4a63-b5f2-4e5a3021f8ff&ccId=9200428922381_2&lang=en_CA&jobId=501382
108 total views, 1 today