Full-Time Executive Mid-Market Underwriter
HDI Global SE is a member of the Talanx group. With premium income of EUR 41.1 billion (2020) and approximately 23,000 employees, Talanx is one of the major European insurance groups. The Group operates as a multi-brand provider with a focus on B2B insurance in over 150 countries around the world. HDI Global SE is the Industrial Lines Division of the group. In 2020, Industrial Lines generated GWP of EUR 6.7 billion and employed 2,800 worldwide.
We are currently seeking a candidate to join our growing team in Canada as an Executive Underwriter. Reporting to the Mid-Market Manager, the successful candidate will have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities in addition to good negotiation, communication skills. Experience in underwriting Commercial Industrial risks is required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Producing and underwriting profitable new and renewal property & casualty business within the framework of our underwriting guidelines.
- Support department’s national expansion project to grow business outside Ontario
- Developing new and maintaining existing broker relationships in support of business objectives.
- Support strategic business plans designed to increase the presence of the business group in the market; retain the appropriate mix of business; and achieve overall growth and profit objectives.
- Customer focused approach in developing customized solutions for our clients.
- Ensuring proper file documentation and accuracy of policy documents.
- Conducting broker and client presentations for business flow.
- Coach and mentor underwriters
- Enhancing our brand visibility by participating in Industry events, socials, conferences etc.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated.
- 10+ years of underwriting experience in property and casualty LOB.
- Solid technical knowledge of property & casualty wordings and underwriting methods.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Completion of insurance courses would be an asset.
- Completion of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent would be an asset.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word & Outlook).
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced team environment.
- Occasional travel to key markets is expected.
How to ApplyIf you are team-oriented, dynamic, entrepreneurial and ready to take on new challenges, please contact us since we would enjoy hearing from you! To apply, please forward your resume to email@example.com. HDI Global SE Canada Branch welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all candidates for their interest in HDI Global SE Canada Branch, however, please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
9 total views, 1 today