Full-Time Executive Construction Underwriter
Totten Insurance Group is growing and we are looking for a dynamic Executive Construction Underwriter for our Construction Team at our Toronto Office.
Choose a career with Totten Insurance Group and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining Totten Insurance Group you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. Totten Insurance Group is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
- Analyzes new business and renewals for risk profitability by assessing exposures and hazards as determined by a review of the underwriting data, and according to underwriting guidelines, contract authority limits and company standards.
- Maintains the long term profitability of a portfolio of accounts regardless of market conditions within the bounds on internal underwriting guidelines and individual underwriting authority. This includes the ability to successfully negotiate terms, conditions and pricing to achieve new business, renewal and profitability targets.
- Develops and maintains positive business relationships within the brokerage community. Solicits new business opportunities. Participates in production trips and broker visitations, and corporate functions as required. Managing relationships with brokers and acting as a dedicated resource as needed and required.
- Delegating appropriate tasks to Underwriting Assistants and to oversee the preparation of accurate policy documentation, premium processing, and data entry for coding and processing and documentation issuance.
- Maintains knowledge of company Underwriting policies, philosophy, procedures and standards and understand and execute segment strategies to produce budgeted results.
- Monitors and assesses competitive factors in the market and keep informed of changing market conditions to report to management.
- Maintains a high service level to brokers and responding to brokers inquiries on a timely basis.
- Proactively involved in the learning and development of underwriting skills, including coverages, wordings, exposures, pricing and factors that affect Construction.
- Delivers underwriting profit, organic growth, and target revenue budgets.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Construction Underwriting experience 8+ years (Builders Risks, EAR/CAR, Wrap Up etc. )
- Post-Secondary School education or equivalent training and experience
- Working towards AIIC/CIP Designation
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in risk selection
- Strong decision making skills and ability to bring creativity to underwriting risks
- Knowledgeable insurance professional
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships with peers, clients, and industry personnel
- A strong work ethic, good organizational skills and the ability to work within a team environment.
- Strong communication skills (Written and Oral )
- Strong Time Management skills, Goal oriented, Self-directed, Interpersonal relationship skills.
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Entrepreneurship – encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
- Balance – balancing corporate duty with personal growth
- Integrity – doing things right every time
- Teamwork – working together to maximize results
- Discipline – focused on goals
- Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
- Service – serving customers, communities, and colleagues
Totten Insurance Group is Canada’s leading national MGA provider of niche products and innovative solutions. Providing a diversified suite of customized insurance products and programs, Totten Group is committed to delivering best in class insurance solutions that are not readily available in the marketplace. Totten Group supports over 2,000 independent brokers throughout Canada and is comprised of five divisions including Commercial Casualty, Commercial Property, Hospitality, Personal Lines and Professional Liability. For a complete list of office locations and more information, please visit: www.tottengroup.com
How to ApplyPlease apply online: http://hubinternational.avature.net/careers/JobDetail/Toronto-Ontario-Canada-Executive-Construction-Underwriter/168
8958 total views, 3 today