Full-Time E&O Underwriter
E&O Underwriter, Commercial Insurance
Reporting to the Vice President, Commercial Insurance, the primary purpose of this role is to underwrite new business and renewals in a profitable manner and according to authority level and established guidelines. This position will handle client servicing and provide quality service to broker clients.
As RMA is a small dynamic company, you will be expected to be flexible in your role, however, the primary responsibilities are as follows:
- Regularly communicate with underwriting management on individual accounts and make recommendations concerning operations, systems and procedures when appropriate.
- Underwrite and select new business that will produce an underwriting profit.
- Review submissions and identify exposure and risk from information provided.
- Utilize underwriting tools to determine accurate classifications, rates, and premium charges.
- Underwrite renewal business and handle related servicing.
- Implement corrective measures on renewal accounts as needed.
- Participate in audits and/or underwriting meetings as required.
Education, Skills and Experience Required
- 3-5 years of E&O underwriting experience, technology underwriting exposure is an asset
- Completion of a post-secondary undergraduate degree program
- Working towards FCIP or other insurance designation
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills
- High proficiency in MS Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams)
- Ability to follow process and attention to details
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team
- Knowledgeable in insurance coverage forms and policy language
- Experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with clients
RMA is currently operating from a remote environment given the pandemic. Most teammates will continue working from home until 2022..
How to ApplyTo apply for this exciting role, follow this link: E&O Underwriter - RMA
52 total views, 2 today