Full-Time Eastern Ont Regional Manager
Insurance Consulting Group
Job Description –Regional Manager
Eastern Ontario Regional Manager
The Regional Manager provides guidance and counsel to the account executives in Eastern Ontario and ensures the efficient and accurate operations of offices within the region. The Regional Manager works with the President and other Regional Sales Managers to establish strategy and goals relevant for the area. The Manager also contacts relevant insurers to discuss potential coverages or existing situations working in conjunction with the appropriate staff. Because of their extensive knowledge of the industry and the opportunities in the area, they provide potential strategies for business development and focus when required in the sales staff. The Regional Sales Manager develops marketing strategies for both personal and business markets to maximize sales in the area.
- Works with account executives to compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads based on information from a variety of sources, including personal experience.
- Attends client calls with account executives and prospect calls when required.
- Works with staff to meet or exceed typical conversion rates.
- Ensues that branch operations are consistent with established work flows. Work with local managers to address any performance or staffing issues in the branches.
- Ensures that account executives are using appropriate information and marketing methods to maximize their understanding of client needs and to generate sales.
- Will coach account executives when developing sales presentations and strategies.
- Develops a method of follow up on all proposals made by sales staff and determines factors for success.
- Maintains accurate, complete and timely sales information.
- Overcomes business and technical objections of prospective customers if account executives are unable to do so on their own.
- Reviews accurate business transactions reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Participates in annual budget and goal setting process for offices within the region.
- Analyze the effectiveness of sales programs; recommend and implement changes based on findings.
- With the account executive, develops, manages, and nurtures new business accounts and partnerships to accomplish profit and sales goals.
- Complete other duties as necessary.
- Post secondary education, business or insurance program preferred..
- 3 – 5 years of direct work experience in a management capacity.
- Experience in all aspects of insurance sales, including growth strategies, account development, and business planning.
- Strong knowledge of personal lines and commercial lines sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Appreciation for and understanding of importance of consistent work flows to minimize errors and omissions exposure.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct sales forces.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
- Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits, and other events.
- High level of proficiency with broker management software packages (Sig X preferred).
- Some travel will be required, primarily in eastern Ontario.
- Able to conduct presentations, and meetings.
- Hours will vary based on specific requirements.
Contact: Pat Helferty Insurance Consulting Group 416-363-6767 Phelferty@aol.com
How to ApplyContact: Pat Helferty Insurance Consulting Group 416-363-6767 PHelferty@aol.com
85 total views, 2 today