Full-Time District Manager – Claims Adjusting (London, Ontario)
ClaimsPro is Canada’s largest independent insurance adjusting firm. We employ over 700 independent adjusters from across Canada. Our team is made up of some of the best and brightest talent in the business and we empower them with the tools, technology and support that they require to excel in their careers and help our clients reach their full potential.
Reporting to the Senior Vice-President, Central Region, the District Manager will provide leadership in order to achieve high performance levels while building a culture emphasizing collaboration in the delivery of highest-quality service within multiple branches throughout the designated geographic area.
This individual’s previous management experience, initiative, drive and business acumen enables the promotion and improvement of ClaimsPro standards and goals throughout the District.
As District Manager, the incumbent will also assist with the communication and implementation of ClaimsPro process change and as a member of the leadership team will emulate and encourage ClaimsPro’s Guiding Principles while promoting a team environment within the District.
Mobility is also necessary as travel is regularly required and may occur outside of regular business hours.
This position is responsible for the branch management duties of district branches as may be assigned from time to time.
- Overall responsibility for financial targets as applicable to the District
- Responsible for the management and collection of account receivables
- Responsible for the management of direct reports billings and maintaining the level of interims as per company standards
- Responsible for revenue contributions and EBITDA/margins
- Assist Senior VP in the development and execution of the budget and business plan for the District
- Monitor the budget and strategic initiatives against the plan
File Quality / Customer Service
- In preparation for QA file reviews, review billings and fees in accordance with client billing expectations and corporate standards
- Handle insured and client complaints, monitor and ensure resolutions reached
- Review, analyze, revise, and sign adjuster’s reports, ensuring compliance/accuracy and efficiency
- Review fees for accuracy and quality
- Work with Branch Managers in handling escalated insured and client complaints
- Assess branch performance on a weekly basis using management reports and other tools/resources
Technical Expertise and Support
- Acts in a consultative and advisory capacity on claims matters and technical issues such as: liability determination, investigation, policy interpretation, settlement negotiation, and reserve establishment for claims
- Provides file review feedback and in some cases direction on file completion
- Manage budgeted revenue expectations in conjunction with individual adjuster production
- Works with Supervisor, Administrative Support to coordinate effective file support for adjusters
- Provide mentoring and training to direct reports
- Prepare and discuss performance reviews with staff members
- Provides guidance and feedback regarding performance
- Support technical training and other development requirements
- Coordinate and facilitate staff meeting on a regular basis
- In conjunction with the Licensing Officer, monitor and track licensing status/issues with FSCO and manage criteria for all direct reports
- Involved in the processing of any E&O concerns, reviewing and managing the file
- Monitor and assess resources (capacity) vs. volume in conjunction with Human Resources and the management team
- Responsible for the recruitment and selection of staff
- Responsible for meeting business development objectives as set out by the Corporation
- In conjunction with the Sales team, from a technical perspective, supporting the onboarding of new accounts
- In conjunction with the Sales team, involved in reporting performance management of accounts to the client(s)
- Responsible for the overall account management and effective partnerships with dedicated accounts; running performance overviews and producing monthly revenue reports to track trends
- Support the account management and effective partnerships with dedicated accounts; running performance overviews and producing monthly revenue reports in order to track trends
- Special projects as assigned by management
- Responsible for the communication of corporate policies and ensuring compliance
Qualifications & Experience
- University degree/college diploma preferred or equivalent business experience.
- CIP / FCIP designation or actively pursuing and/or nearing completion of same.
- 10+ years claims adjusting experience with experience at the management level
- 10+ years of Tier 1 branch management experience
- 10+ years general Insurance industry experience within a claims environment
- 10+ years experience in developing and managing budgets
- Field Claims adjusting experience required.
- Adjuster’s license, or currently pursuing CIP designation
- Proficient with use of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Onedrive)
- Strong communication skills, including listening, interviewing, negotiating, and must be able to flex style appropriate to audience
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage conflicting priorities in an effective manner
- Proactive and positive approach to customer service ensuring that all inquiries are effectively dealt with in a timely manner
- Strong interpersonal skills allowing you to effectively deal with conflict and difficult situations
- Strong commitment to ongoing education and learning
SCM Insurance Services and affiliates welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
How to Apply
Why should you consider a career with ClaimsPro?
- You will be part of a dynamic workforce and you will be trained to use industry-leading technology such as our iAdjust software.
- As one of the seven companies under the SCM Insurance Services umbrella, you have the potential for you grow your career in a multitude of areas.
- Your workload is balanced and you will be compensated for your billable hours.
- You will be entitled to a multitude of benefits such as education fee reimbursement and a flex-benefit health and dental plan that allows you to customize your coverage.
Want to learn more? Visit www.scm.ca or www.claimspro.ca/Careers
271 total views, 3 today