Full-Time Director, Personal Insurance
The Director, Personal Insurance will be responsible for working alongside and reporting to the Vice President, Personal Operations to drive continued growth and profitability of our Personal Insurance-VIP Division. You will provide strategic direction and leadership for the development of underwriting, workflow, training, compliance strategies and action plans to ensure that portfolio benchmarks are met. Your accountability extends both to profitability and growth of the Personal Lines VIP distribution channel.
• Assist with development of strategic plans and direction as well as overseeing the implementation of short and long-term initiatives that support growth and profitability of our Personal Lines VIP Division.
• Service and grow a select group of VIP personal lines clients and assist with new business, while providing exceptional customer service and maintaining high retention
• Facilitate the integration of any acquisitions under JDIMI and act as an ambassador of our core values and culture
• Provide operational support all tuck in acquisitions under the JDIMI brand and regularly travel between satellite locations as needed
• Oversee and audit the service of all Personal Lines clients to ensure quality and efficiency standards being met
• Monitor cancellations and retention to ensure business goals are met
• Maintain strong relationships with personal lines insurance carriers
• Assist with recruitment and training of personal lines staff
• Coach, mentor and develop Personal Insurance team members to achieve desired personal and organizational objectives
• Keep up-to-date on changes in the personal lines insurance marketplace and ensuring every broker in the company is educated, informed and supported.
• Lead, manage, and establish performance expectations for Personal Lines VIP Division staff
• Hold regular meetings with Personal Lines staff and
provide direction which aligns with company’s vision
• Collaborate with the VP, Personal Operations on financial measurements and analysis to evaluate and establish JDIMI’s business operations and to determine/forecast hiring decisions
• Work with the VP, Personal Operations on the Personal operations budget, goal setting, and annual compensation increases
• Maintain company’s best practices while ensuring legal compliancy and establishing new ones to stay competitive in the insurance marketplace
• Exhibit a leadership style that fosters a culture of innovation, creativity, accountability and collaboration
• Minimum 5 years experience at leadership/senior management level preferably in an insurance brokerage/company setting leading a frontline team in Personal Insurance.
• Bachelor degree in Business Management or B.A. Economics
• CIP / FCIP designation an asset
• In-depth knowledge of insurance brokerage business practices and processes
• Understand how products and services impact client needs and develop processes to improve quality
• A team player who is friendly, and collaborative
• Strong initiative, leadership and strategic thinking
• Ability to work independently and with all levels of the organization
• Exceptional communication, collaboration, and negotiation skills required to affect change and to build effective working relationships.
• Travel between offices required
We are committed to providing accommodation upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.
How to ApplyInterested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
149 total views, 1 today