Full-Time Director, Human Resources
The Director of Human Resources will serve as a top HR expert and will provide guidance, support, advice and consulting services on a variety of HR disciplines. This individual will serve as a true strategic business partner while working closely with other key leaders and executive management to ensure HR effectiveness while leading and promoting initiatives and programs that align with corporate goals and values.
The Director of Human Resources will be fully responsible for setting the strategic direction, leading practices, promoting a collaborative culture and increasing engagement across the Navacord business. This individual will be a trusted advisor and influencer within the organization and will spend significant time with the Executive team in establishing the employee experience, will be responsible for mergers & acquisitions, and the over all execution of the human resources strategy. This role will have primary ownership over the culture of the organization and will be expected to stay updated on the pulse of employee engagement in the business.
This role will primarily support Jones DesLauriers Insurance Management Inc. and will sit on the Executive Team, however, guidance, support and consulting services to our other Navacord Partners in Eastern Canada will be required.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
• Fully engage and become an integral part of the Executive team to create and support the Company’s strategic direction. Advise on the role human resources can proactively play in planning for success – being more competitive, remaining at the forefront of the industry and maintaining our entrepreneurial culture
• Assess, develop, and implement practical human resource strategies that complement the overall corporate business plan while ensuring talent programs are optimally coordinated and integrated across the business
• Successfully integrate corporate acquisitions into the company culture and envelope new team members into the employee experience at the firm
• Manage a 2 year strategic plan focusing on identifying current and potential needs.
• Build a premier team by attracting, developing, and retaining premier talent. This will be done by executing an active talent management approach
• Provide support, guidance, coaching, education, consulting and direction to the various levels throughout the human resources department and across all Navacord East Broker Partners
• Be present and engaged with all stakeholders; be a role model of professional conduct pursuing excellence in execution, seeking opportunities for continuous improvement and producing creative and/or unique solutions; and
• Demonstrate an ability to anticipate outcomes and to adjust approaches and internal services accordingly.
Human Resource Programs
• Lead, evaluate, assess, and drive all HR programs required to improve and then maintain employer of choice status. Including but not limited to, the implementation of leadership development programs, overseeing total compensation, counseling on employee relations, overseeing employee engagement initiatives, and performance management activities
• In tandem with the Executive team, create a functional succession plan that addresses critical positions at the firm as well as career path plan’s for high potentials
• Research and provide recommendations on organizational design to ensure the structure supports the company’s growth
• Share HR Best Practices across all Navacord Broker Partners and evaluate trends through the use of Metrics.
• Talk to all levels of the organization and solicit feedback regarding existing internal and external client services
• Continually assess internal operational levels and seek to understand the cross-functional needs of the organization
• Promote interpersonal communication and successful conflict resolution.
We are committed to providing accommodation upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.
How to ApplyInterested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com
211 total views, 2 today