This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
28 Nov 2019
Full-Time Director, Commercial Underwriting Excellence
The Director, Commercial Underwriting Excellence is a results driven team player who provides leadership in building a high-quality underwriting culture focused on creating an environment of disciplined risk selection and decision making. In this role, the Director contributes to Wawanesa’s success by directing, planning and implementing strategies and initiatives to support achievement of business goals across all Regional Commercial Lines Underwriting operations.
- Provide strong technical underwriting direction to regional office leadership to support profit and growth goals
- Ensure consistent delivery of underwriting strategy across all areas
- Develop, plan and monitor the Quality Assurance program and review process
- Communicate underwriting initiatives and action plans to drive business results
- Review underwriting exceptions; providing a recommended course of action aligned with overall risk appetite framework
- Consult with regulatory bodies and work collaboratively with Executive Office on formal complaints and issues
- Lead culture of underwriting excellence with a focus on quality assurance, compliance reviews, and Key Performance Indicators
- Develop business processes to achieve superior customer service while benefiting from efficient and consistent practices in all areas
- Participate and contribute to the development of renewal (retention) and new customer (acquisition) strategies and business plans.
- Participate and contribute to the annual budget including staff forecasting and succession planning.
- Champion initiatives and be receptive to both employee acceptance and resistance, so that genuine understanding and commitment can occur.
- Stay abreast of industry, regulatory, company and economic changes or trends.
- Create an atmosphere that contributes and supports the development of Wawanesa’s policies and practices.
- Support key stakeholders in the management of broker distribution partners.
- Oversee and coach a team to ensure the work environment is respectful, challenging and rewarding.
- Analyze risk and recommend an informed course of action
- Foster positive working relationships with internal and external parties.
- Ten years of business experience; Property and Casualty Industry knowledge required.
- Three years in a management role.
- Post-secondary education, and/or completion of a Property and Casualty Industry Designation.
- Expert leadership skills with the ability to influence and gain respect, credibility and confidence from others.
- Ability to make excellent and well justified decisions in complex and high-pressure situations.
- Expert negotiation skills with the ability to ensure buy-in and commitment resulting in satisfied participants.
- Ability to develop and implement comprehensive plans that bridge complex issues and span across time.
- Strong business acumen with excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to recognize and identify critical issues.
How to ApplyWawanesa provides its employees with a respectful, challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, generous vacation allowance, leave top up, goal achievement plan, premium free benefits and a pension plan). Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets. If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, apply today with your Resume: https://jobs.wawanesa.com/job/Toronto-Director%2C-Commercial-Underwriting-Excellence-ON-M2P-2B7/537475917/?locale=en_US Accommodations are available as needed for all applicants.
529 total views, 1 today