Full-Time Director – Commercial Insurance
In 2020, J.T. Insurance Services (Canada), Inc. was honoured as a Top Insurance Workplace by Insurance Business Canada with a 95% rating, and was recognized as the fastest growing insurance brokerages by Business in Vancouver (BIV) with 33% growth. This year, J.T. Insurance Services celebrates its 52nd year anniversary as an independent, leading insurance broker.
We value strong relationships with our clients and team members. We have a unique approach to working with our long-term clientele, delivering creative solutions so that they can achieve what matters most to them. We take advising, caring for, protecting and advocating on behalf of our clients seriously. If being a key member of a growing company where your ideas are listened to appeals to you, J.T. Insurance Services is the place for you. We are growing and need amazing people to help us reach our vision. We are a team of fun, dynamic and solution-oriented professionals in downtown Vancouver. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, flexible/remote work options and opportunities for learning, development, growth and advancement.
The Director – Commercial Insurance is responsible for leading the commercial insurance team to deliver an outstanding client experience and sales excellence, through training, coaching, mentoring and motivating.
• Managing and overseeing the 120-day Renewal Process including preparing the renewal report, obtaining the binding order, and reviewing policy documentation and delivering to client in a timely manner.
• Ensuring consistent and effective application of all corporate policies and procedures as they apply to the business or to the employees.
• Ensure all procedures, internal client files and correspondence are in compliance with audit standards.
• Conducting regular performance and development reviews with direct report and prioritizing training, coaching and mentoring.
• Coordinating / providing oversight to the advisor team and establish client service plans that prioritize the account activities.
• Assisting client advisors with all aspects of servicing commercial accounts including presenting to clients.
• Optimizing and implement best practices to increase growth of the existing portfolio.
• Leading the strategy for the account renewal and the ongoing requirements during the year, working with the broking team in the marketing process and the negotiations with underwriters.
• Maintains excellent relationships with Insurers and within the Industry, networking on behalf of JT Insurance.
• Managing claims process and client issues around claims handling to ensure we advocate on behalf of our clients.
• Leading an environment where diligence is executed on invoicing and payment.
• Cross-selling and expanding the existing insurance programs with our clients; developing and managing client relationships to increase penetration sales and cultivate new business opportunities.
• Collaborating in the development of sales and marketing strategy designed to cultivate revenue generation opportunities.
• Providing the leadership necessary for development and delivery of insurance and industry related presentations.
• Minimum Level 2 General Insurance License, preferably Level 3.
• Minimum 5 years management experience required.
• University degree or extensive industry experience.
• Minimum 10 years in Commercial Insurance experience.
• High attention to detail and compliance
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
• Works well in a fast paced, client-focused environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Maintains confidentiality and professionalism.
• Experience with EPIC an asset.
How to ApplyHow to Apply If you are looking for a fulfilling and challenging career within a dynamic organization, please submit a cover letter and resume outlining your fit to email@example.com.
243 total views, 5 today