Full-Time Director – Casualty Underwriting
Director – Casualty Underwriting
You would be a fit for this role if you:
- are respectful, ethical, strategic, curious, encouraging, supportive, and an excellent mentor
- are a visionary, an influencer, mobilizer, an innovator and a change agent
- are engaging, collaborative, really love sales and can work to encourage a team of casualty oriented professionals to achieve both top line and bottom line targets
- have both current large casualty and market knowledge in underwriting or brokering
- have experience managing a team of insurance professionals and can assist staff in resolving their problems and handling negotiations
- Provides leadership and management to a team of casualty insurance professionals
- Manages underwriting unit strategy and activity for existing and new clients
- Demonstrates specialized knowledge and expertise in products and industry.
- Administers and monitors underwriting rules, authorities and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations, and rating rules.
- Recommends and implements action plans after reviewing broker books of business and profit and growth results and trends.
- Develops and maintains relationships with brokers in support of business retention and acquisition and works with customers and brokers to determine their insurance related needs and provide solutions.
- Assures development and implementation of policy, procedures and standards to produce profitable underwriting results.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 7 or more years of experience in the underwriting or brokering area within the commercial insurance industry, with a focus in CGL and Umbrella / Excess. Bachelor degree preferred
- Two or more years of management experience
- Advanced knowledge of product lines and the insurance market
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent skills in relationship building
- Strong presentation skills
- Proactive and results oriented
- Manage market facing underwriters to proactively seek renewal and new account opportunities.
- Identify new growth opportunities with key brokers for areas of responsibility.
- Ensure that accounts are qualified, and are within the organization’s risk appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity.
- Along with underwriters in areas supervised, make broker/customer and site calls with a planned and well-prepared purpose.
- Oversee negotiations of terms & conditions and close deals.
- Ensure cross-sell within areas of responsibility to increase product density with the account.
- Provide continuous coaching on sales best practices.
- Mentor staff to develop strong broker and client networks as related to industries underwritten by business unit.
- Monitor sales funnel and production metrics of team.
- Calculate target price accurately by utilizing underwriting tools appropriately.
- Identify market trends and coverage’s exposures that may impact business results.
- Work with actuarial to insure a proper rate / price structure.
- Manage relationships with producers by conducting line of business, book of business, class and segment analysis to ensure profitability and growth.
- Market company products and services through brokerage community.
- Support development and maintenance of broker relationships to achieve profitable growth, market share, product mix, new business and account retention.
- Improve customer relations, profitability and productivity by continually analyzing new business, loss ratio, expense ratio, loss frequency, broker distribution, product mix to determine its impact on other business units.
- Review broker books of business as well as profi t and growth results and trends to recommend and implement action plans.
- Business Travel, as required
- Extended Hours during Peak Periods, as required
How to ApplyContact Carla Blackmore at 416-465-2931 or at email@example.com
215 total views, 1 today