Full-Time Desk Estimator – Restoration
Paul Davis Restoration, Inc. is a national franchise organization that provides property damage emergency services, restoration and reconstruction services for residential and commercial properties due to water, fire, mold, storm and other disasters. The Paul Davis Network is made up of more than 350 franchises and Company Owned Operations across the US and Canada. Since 1966, we have helped more than 2 million property owners restore their properties and lives. Paul Davis Restoration, Inc. is owned by First Service Corporation, a global leader in the rapidly growing real estate services sector.
The Estimator is responsible for estimates for reconstruction and emergency services. The Estimator’s primary responsibilities are to create profitable estimates that adhere to our insurance carrier rules using estimating software, specifically Xactimate and Symbility.
- Review scope, Matterport imagery all and other photos and documents that will assist in creating an accurate estimate.
- Determine any missing required information to create the estimate.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, scopes, carrier specifications, and related documents
- Estimate each loss using a 3rd party estimating software, Xactimate (as required).
- Ensure each project achieves a minimum gross profit margin as determined by company standards.
- Communicate and document any change orders and insurance supplements.
- Build and maintain business relationships with insurance adjusters, brokers, and TPA’s.
- Responsibility for adhering to the PDO Health & Safety Program.
Competency – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of our main operating systems; RMS, Xactimate and Symbility
- Communication skills
- Typing skills
- Administration skills
- Ability to learn and operate our primary operating systems
- Ability to create documents
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to pass maintain an acceptable background check and motor vehicle record check
- Stress Management and Composure
- Maintain a level of confidentiality
- Writing $500,000 in estimate per month
- 3 day estimate completion starting from when scoping documents are received
- 2 hour revision turn around time
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experience
- Experience with estimating software including a MINIMUM 3 years using Xactimate
Preferred Education and Experience
- Familiarity with the restoration industry
- Experience writing estimates for insurance companies
- Experience with writing estimates using Symbility
- Must be able to stay in a stationary position up to 95% of the time
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, fax machine, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must be able to observe and perceive information on a computer and documents
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all parties involved in the estimating process
Paul Davis Restoration is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Paul Davis Restoration provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by provincial, federal, or municipal law.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
How to ApplyPlease send all queries and resumes to Ottawa@pauldavis.com
185 total views, 2 today