Full-Time Contract Surety Underwriting Leader
Insurance Career Network: Insurance Recruiters
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
All inquiries remain confidential.
Contract Surety Underwriting Leader
Our highly reputable Insurance Company Client is growing in Canada and are looking for a pro-active, highly motivated and result oriented Senior Contract Surety Underwriter to oversee the start-up and continued operations of the Surety business across Canada. As a member of the local Management Team in Canada and Senior Contract Management team, you will be responsible for strategic planning of Surety for Canada including leading the set-up, team, market approach and ensuring market continuity across the country and leading the distribution with agency/broker relationships.
You will report to the CEO & Head Corporate Solutions Canada, and working closely with the Head of North American Speciality (NAS) Surety and Head Contract Surety Field Operations, you will drive and support the achievement of the business goals and talent development across Canada.
Key responsibilities will involve:
Underwriting: Providing underwriting expertise to our internal and external clients, you will ensure compliance standards and underwriting rigor in line with existing underwriting guidelines. As you grow the team, you will support the team in achieving high quality underwriting and production. You will approve bid and final performance and contract surety bonds in excess of underwriters and local authority and, communicate with Head Surety NAS to ensure continuity between smaller and larger middle market ranges. You will also oversee underwriting production and collection of account receivables if necessary with Technical Accounting.
Business Origination: working closely with sales, claims and other lines of businesses, you will drive Canada at regional insurance industry, and broker events.
Leadership: Your people management skills will help you lead and work effectively in a matrix organization. You will initiate and collaborate with team members across North America and take leadership for achieving our goals. We need you to have a strong emphasis on stakeholder management and as part of our Client Commitment; your focus will be on Client service and delivery.
Operations: Responsible for the budgeting, profit & loss and overall success of Canada Surety. You will conduct internal audits on Canada book of business and claims reviews and responsible for agency appointments. You will also attend group functions, large account meetings and NAS Surety Group meetings as required.
- University degree with emphasis in business, preferably finance or accounting, or, equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 15 years of contract surety underwriting experience
- Proven capabilities in business origination, marketing and business development
- Broad network of broker and client contacts
- Strong competency in quantitative and financial analysis
- Strong technical underwriting background and customer focus mindset
- High level of self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Well-developed interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Self-starter, ability and willingness to take the initiative in a team oriented environment
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of software applications
- Position requires a willingness to travel (25%) for team and client meetings.
How to ApplyI look forward to assisting you in your next career advancement Call Elaine at 416-703-5120 ext 204 or email Elaine@insurancecareernet.com Or reach out on LinkedIn https://ca.linkedin.com/in/elaine-kinsella-26a37523 When you work with Insurance Career Network, you are working with an entire team of Insurance Recruiters. Our team has the contacts to help you find your next great opportunity. We thank all applicants however only those being considered will be contacted.
495 total views, 1 today