SPECS Limited – Langley, BC
Specialized Property Evaluation Control Services Limited (SPECS) delivers highly-specialized consulting services to private and public organizations. Our team conducts pre and post-loss structural and content appraisals, accelerates insurance claim processes, and administers construction cost-control. For over 20 years, our accuracy, industry-leading knowledge and ethical and impartial approach has been utilized on projects of all sizes and complexity.
SPECS is seeking a candidate who is looking to expand on their current skills and develop into a new career providing high-quality Content Appraisal services related to the property insurance field. Experience is not mandatory as training is provided.
The Contents Appraiser will be responsible for assessing content damages and providing valuations. This is a challenging and rewarding position for the right individual and involves travel to post loss sites, collecting information, analyzing, pricing and creating reports.
A typical work week would include a full day site visit collecting information and photo-journaling the contents. Office work would be required for preparing the reports by analyzing and compiling the data using estimating software, databases and proprietary software.
An important part of SPECS Corporate philosophy is to build an environment in which employees feel they are highly challenged, positively engaged, well compensated, and appreciated for the achievement of results.
- Bilingual (English and Punjabi)
- Must be mature, professional and represent SPECS in accordance with our core values
- Mathematical and analytical skills necessary to prepare appraisals.
- Proficient computer knowledge in Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn various electronic and manual estimating systems
- Effective communications skills are essential
- Experience in the Insurance, Audio Video, Jewelry, Restoration or Content Cleaning industry related to personal or commercial contents loss and asset.
- Must feel comfortable working at loss sites while documenting and photographing
- Must have high level soft skills and ability to interview and assist all types of individuals in stressful situations
- Must clear background check
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle for transportation for company business.
This is a challenging, rewarding position for the right individual. A diverse skill set is required to thrive in this position.
Salary, commission, benefits, and vacation are included in the standard compensation package.