Full-Time Compliance Sr. Auditor – Claims / Underwriting
Facility Association is an unincorporated non-profit association of insurers. FA operates in Yukon, Nunavut, Northwest Territories, Alberta, Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and Labrador. Every insurer licensed to write automobile liability insurance in these jurisdictions is a member of Facility Association. The affairs and business of FA is managed and controlled by a Board of Directors with authority Canada-wide. The President and CEO is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the organization and management of staff.
Facility Association ensures the availability of automobile insurance to owners, lessees and licensed drivers of motor vehicles who are eligible.
To deliver on our Purpose through the efficient administration of automobile insurance residual market mechanisms; and by providing valued information to our members. Facility Association strives to enhance market stability through minimizing our market presence and impact, in an effort to provide consumers with the benefits of a healthy and competitive standard insurance market.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Manager, Compliance, the Compliance Sr. Auditor will work with a team of compliance auditors and deliver on the planning and execution of the annual Audit Plan. This role will also take on and/or be a resource for special projects as required.
- Act as auditor and/or Auditor-in-charge on assigned audits (AIC duties include, but are not limited to, audit planning, liaison with Member staff, documentation and reporting, follow-ups)
- Evaluate audit sample items in accordance with the department guidelines and applicable guides, legislation and regulations (as applicable).
- Collaborate internally within the Compliance team and potentially other departments within FA regarding any anomalies detected during the course of the audit.
- Collect sufficient audit evidence and documentation to support conclusions reached.
- Manage assigned audit deliverables including workflow, timely and accurate reporting and a focus on continuous improvement
- Help the Manager develop more junior members of the team (ex. technical training, working paper review, answer questions and help resolve issues)
- Lead and participate in Special Projects as assigned
- Perform other department duties as assigned
- On track to obtain CIP or other professional insurance designation
- CIA designation / willingness to pursue CIA or other professional audit designation an asset
- At least 5 years of automobile insurance claims experience across multiple provincial jurisdiction; experience across multiple claim types (Physical Damage, Accident Benefits and Bodily Injury) is an asset
- At least 5 years of automobile insurance underwriting experience across personal lines of business. Commercial lines experience is an asset
- Ability to work independently and with a team to contribute to the successful delivery of time-sensitive audits and/or projects, effectively working on multiple tasks, and meeting deadlines
- Proactive, self-motivated and goal-oriented by nature
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Proficiency in MS office tools (eg Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- Experience with audit software an asset (ex. TeamMate)
- Ability to work remotely from home (ex. home internet, workspace, etc.) with attendance in office (hybrid model) and/or travel to member site as required
How to Apply
Facility Association outsources its Human Resource functions to its sister organization, IBC.
Please send resume to:Human Resources Department (HR)* Contact: Azan Khan E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Facility Association is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted. * The Human Resources Department of Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC), provides HR services to Facility Association
87 total views, 2 today