Full-Time Compliance Specialist
We are currently hiring a Compliance Specialist to join our growing team.
The Compliance Specialist is a key player in Wawanesa’s compliance regime. This role contributes to Wawanesa’s success by reviewing applicable laws, regulations and best practices and provides advice and guidance to Wawanesa’s businesses. The Compliance Specialist also assists in the development and assessment of compliance program processes, procedures and tools to further enhance and refine Wawanesa’s compliance program, to achieve enterprise-wide objectives.
If you have experience in a compliance setting, ideally working for a federally regulated financial institution, with a background in legal or public policy matters who has excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, we want to hear from you!
- Advises the business with the development and implementation of compliance processes, procedures and tools to mitigate compliance risks for the business
- Tracks compliance events and key activities through the compliance log and provide advice to first line of defense employees on dealing with compliance events
- Leads the control effectiveness self-assessments conducted by the business, and follow up on management action plan items
- Compiles and provides reports on compliance events and activities, and the overall state of compliance programs to various levels of senior leadership within the business
- Identifies learning opportunities, coordinates training development and delivers training to the business on new or changed regulatory or other developments requiring compliance oversight
- Develops and enhances business relationships by liaising with peers within the business, including employees involved in first line of defense compliance activities
- Works with other members of the Ethics & Compliance group and business stakeholders to assist with the development of new compliance practices and processes, and enhancement of existing compliance practices and processes
- Participates in special projects as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years’ prior experience in a compliance setting, preferably working for a federally regulated financial institution
- Post-secondary education with a focus on legal or public policy matters required. Completion of a Juris Doctor (JD) or Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to conduct detailed analysis of information, and to select and implement best solutions in a timely manner
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate at the right level for the audience and present information or arguments in a convincing manner
- Excellent planning and organizing skills, with the ability to develop and prioritize effective plans that define activities, resources and timelines
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to influence key relationships
- Knowledge of insurance industry experience an asset
Wawanesa provides its employees with a respectful, challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, generous vacation allowance, leave top up, goal achievement plan, premium free benefits and a pension plan). Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, please submit your resume and cover letter by visiting www.wawanesa.com/careers
133 total views, 3 today