Full-Time Communications Specialist
LOCATION: Winnipeg, MB/ Hybrid in Manitoba
REPORTS TO: Marketing Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: N/A
Red River Mutual is a progressive insurance company with a focus on our customers and employees. We believe everyone has a right to feel safe and protected, and to know that someone is looking out for them. So we treat our employees like family members – we’ll be honest with them, support them, offer a listening ear, admit when we’re wrong and be a positive force in their lives and in our communities.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Communications Specialist is responsible for the creation of written communications for our staff, broker partners, and the public across a variety of channels. This position will also develop/refine the digital media strategy, which includes our owned social media, company website/SEO, and digital advertising opportunities, to positively promote our brand, values, purpose, and vision through a focus of policyholder experience. Working with the Marketing and Business Development teams, the Communication Specialist will support business growth and positive relationships between policyholders, broker partners, and our frontline underwriting staff.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Regularly assist other departments in developing communications, templates, or plans, which can focus either on internal communication needs or on information to be shared externally with broker partners.
- Develop and monitor the company’s digital content for social media and digital advertising to promote Red River Mutual’s brand, products/services, corporate giving initiatives, and our broker network to the public/our policyholders.
- Update content on the public-facing and broker-facing websites hosted on WordPress as needed and manage SEO efforts.
- Assist the Marketing and Business Development departments with broker related events and sponsorships, including our regular IBAS and IBAM membership advertisements and tradeshow commitments, and the execution of Co-operative cost share promotional campaigns (Co-op Program).
- Assist the Marketing department with the planning and execution of various events, including broker appreciation, broker and staff training opportunities, and various tradeshows or industry events.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
- Post-secondary education in digital marketing, creative communications
- Valid class 5 driver’s license with ability to travel between offices and events as required
- 1-3 years of work or education related experience
- Experience in an insurance environment considered an asset
- Advanced computer and office tool skills; knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft SharePoint
- Outstanding written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and task prioritization ability
- Able to work both independently and as a team
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills
- High attention to detail
How to ApplyApply Online at: https://can231.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/redrivermutual/Posting/View/1282 We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request any time during the recruitment process. Our Accessible employment policies and practices are available on request and in accessible formats. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats of communication and/or request an alternative method of applying for a position by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-370-2888 (toll free).
132 total views, 2 today