Full-Time Communications and Marketing Coordinator
The Mutual Fire Insurance Company of British Columbia is looking for a Communications and Marketing Coordinator to work with our Business Development team.
If you are passionate about communications and marketing, and want to be part of a growing company, then this is the exceptional opportunity that you have been seeking. At Mutual Fire Insurance you will be part of a vibrant and supportive team environment.
Founded in 1902, Mutual Fire Insurance was the first mutual insurance company headquartered in British Columbia. Today, the company provides solutions for farm, commercial, and home insurance needs from British Columbia to Ontario. Mutual Fire Insurance continuously delivers a high standard of partner service to policyholders through a wide broker network and personalized claims service to help insureds get back to normal as quickly as possible. With a unique dual policyholder structure, the Company is committed to making people a priority by creating membership initiatives, investing in technology, and supporting community projects.
The Communications and Marketing Coordinator role is a permanent full-time position. This role will support Mutual Fire Insurance’s digital marketing strategies, internal and external communications, and brand management.
- Manage all aspects of digital marketing: website, social media, and video
- Ensure the Company’s digital presence aligns with the Company’s strategy
- Maintain and edit Company website, assist with launch of second website
- Provide quarterly reports
- Film, edit, and post video content
- Assist in developing and implementing partner, member, and policyholder marketing and communication strategies and programs
- Proofread and provide writing assistance to internal clients
- Research and write topical blog posts
- Write and distribute monthly internal newsletter and external bulletins
- Responsible for brand management
- Maintain communication initiatives designed to provide staff with a view of our strategic goals and direction.
- Ensure assigned tasks are effectively and accurately delivered on time and on budget
- Support media relations by drafting key messages and tracking key metrics
- Administrative support to the Business Development team
- Other tasks as assigned
Here’s what you bring
- A bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or another relevant discipline
- One to three years of experience in a Communications or Marketing role
- Strong understanding of communications and marketing techniques and channels
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills with the range to draft blog posts, newsletters, corporate documents, scripting speeches, etc.
- Excellent verbal and listening skills
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Social media management experience (Loomly)
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Premier Pro)
- Video filming and editing experience
- Website design and administration experience (WordPress)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Office 365
- Bilingualism in English and French considered an asset
- Property and Casualty insurance industry experience considered an asset
How to ApplyWhat we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive employee benefit package
- Diverse mix of staff and demonstrated work/life balance
- Career growth opportunities and continuing education programs
245 total views, 3 today