Temporary Commercial Underwriting Service Assistant
We are looking for a Service Assistant to join our Calgary Underwriting team. The successful candidate will provide intentional and proactive administrative support to the Commercial Underwriting team. This is a temporary contract position for a period of approximately 5 months.
Position Type: Temporary, Full-Time
- Support the Underwriters by entering quotes into the system
- Maintenance of underwriting files including: general filing, boxing up and tracking of files as needed
- Order various inspections based on company criteria and instruction
- Under the underwriter’s direction, pull information or issue letters/documents as required
- Open, date stamp and distribute incoming mail
- Maintain tracking logs and run reports as directed
- Support and maintain relationships and portray a professional image with co-workers and our internal/external clients
- Support department on additional projects or assignments as required
- Previous Insurance industry experience an asset
- Experience in an administrative or data entry role preferred
- Good keyboarding and computer skills (Microsoft Suite)
- Ability to apply new knowledge effectively and efficiently
- Attention to detail, accuracy and pride in workmanship
- Team oriented with the ability to build effective working relationships
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Effective organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
Sovereign General Insurance is one of the major insurers in Canada, dealing exclusively with independent brokers. It is also a member of The Co-operators Group of Companies, giving it access to resources one would expect from a leading Canadian owned multi-product insurance company. The company emphasizes an innovative and entrepreneurial approach, endowing its staff with a sufficient level authority to be responsive regionally to the needs of brokers and customers.
Why Choose Sovereign?
- We provide a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, and encourage a positive work/life balance.
- We help you maximize your potential through ongoing training and educational opportunities.
- We focus on our people as our most important resource, the knowledge, expertise, creativity and empowerment of our insurance professionals sets us apart.
The Co-operators group of companies are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of employment barriers and discrimination. Accommodations will be made for qualified applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. If you receive a request for an interview and you have a disability which will require an accommodation to support your participation, please consult with the hiring manager as soon as practical so that suitable accommodations can be arranged.
How to ApplyTo learn more about the impact you can make, apply to join Sovereign’s talented team of professionals and stand out from the crowd! Apply by email at email@example.com *Please state the job title in your email subject line.
275 total views, 1 today