Full-Time Commercial Underwriter – Property and Casualty – Pickering Ad Number: 24720
Insurance Career Network: Insurance Recruiters
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
The P&C Underwriter is a highly motivated, team oriented individual who will contribute to a profitable book of business through sound underwriting decisions. In addition you will share your expertise and technical knowledge within the organization.
You will be responsible for ensuring delivery of a high level of customer service and working closely with others to ensure underwriting integrity. You will have the ability to work independently, make critical underwriting decisions, find solutions to problems and be responsible for managing the service, profitability and growth of your portfolio. This will be accomplished through the implementation and maintenance of operational and underwriting discipline, guidelines, and the monitoring of underwriting and service execution.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Underwriting new business, renewals and endorsements according underwriting guidelines, authority limits and company standards
• Search for solutions to complex problems
• Seek approval/assistance as required
• Processing all assigned work promptly and accurately, as Guidelines
• Working effectively within the team dynamic.
• Maintain knowledge of company and industry Underwriting policies, procedures and standards.
• Respond to broker requests and inquiries on a timely basis,
• Managing relationships with brokers, including broker visits as needed
Specific Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• 3 – 5 Years Commercial Underwriting Experience
• University Degree
• CIP Designation
• Thorough knowledge of policy wordings and limitations
• Ability to exercise sound judgment in risk selection
• Evaluate future loss potential
• Strong decision making skills and ability to bring creativity to underwriting risks
• Prepare insurance quotes
• Issue/endorse/cancel policies
• Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers, clients, and industry personnel
• A strong work ethic, good organizational skills and the ability to work within a team environment
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
Call Elaine at 416-703-5120 ext 204
For more Insurance opportunities go to http://www.insurancehires.com
When you work with Insurance Career Network, you are working with an entire team of Insurance Recruiters. Our team has the contacts to help you find your next great opportunity.
How to Apply
7846 total views, 2 today