Full-Time Commercial Underwriter – Intermediate
Our client is a specialist insurance provider that offers solutions and services designed to protect and preserve Canada’s distinct communities, cultures, and history.
Purpose of Position:
This position is responsible for assessing, loss analyzing, negotiating, rating and issuing new business/renewals/endorsements for an assigned portfolio based on company’s underwriting and pricing guidelines. The Underwriter role is responsible for achieving profit and underwriting objectives for specified book/portfolio of business, complying with/conforming to Branch and Corporate policies, measures and standards for underwriting, customer service, profitability, productivity and financial management.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
· Build and maintain effective business results and mutually trustworthy tri-lateral working relations with insureds and brokers by aligning Company’s brand identity, equity core values, objectives, missions and current programs with the needs of customer groups in different faiths and related non-profit organizations.
· Design and deliver underwriting products that meet standards for customer satisfaction, profit, use of capital, people, systems and risk.
· Manage risk through accurate analysis and diagnosis and the development of sound specifications.
· Detect, investigate and diagnose exposures and to avoid/minimize their business effects: underwriting coverage, pricing, production and delivery, risk management.
· Manage brokers, including performance monitoring, new appointments and cancellations.
· Develop business, including marketing initiatives through working relationships with brokers, insureds, local authorities, and local business and community associations
Skills, Education, Knowledge and Experience:
· University degree or college diploma or equivalent insurance experience
· CIP designation complete or in progress
· Underwriting: Experience: 5-7 years of commercial property and casualty underwriting
· Overall experience/exposure to financial management methods, the nature of insurance risk and reinsurance costs, underwriting, claims underwriting and reinsurance
· Working within and demonstrable proficiency in underwriting basic to moderately complex books of commercial property and casualty products, including underwriting coverage, pricing, production and delivery, risk management and managing local brokerage plans
· Knowledge and applied experience in connecting personal results to the management of loss ratios, gross written and earned premium
· Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities to form effective underwriting recommendations for moderately complex situations
· Sound technical judgment
· Organize and complete own work in a timely and cost-effective manner
· Excellent communication, analytical, organizational, negotiating and interpersonal skills
· Sound negotiating, marketing and advocating skills
· Highly motivated and able to work as a team player, or independently
How to ApplyInsurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role. Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment. TO APPLY: Register and submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Monica for more information 416 703-5120 ext 201
190 total views, 1 today