Full-Time Commercial Underwriter
Aon Risk Solutions, the global risk management business of Aon plc (NYSE: AON), is the worldwide leader in risk advice and insurance broking. Guided by the Aon Client Promise®, our teams help clients achieve profit, growth and continuity by delivering the best tailored and innovative risk solutions. We empower results through unmatched tools and capabilities, including the award-winning Aon Global Risk Insight Platform®. For more information, visit aon.com/empowerresults.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Underwriting new business, renewal, and endorsement according to guidelines and authority limits. Refers files along with summary and recommended course of action for those accounts outside underwriting authority and exceptions to guidelines.
- Assists in developing, enhancing and maintaining underwriting methods and techniques, which achieve underwriting integrity in a cost-effective manner.
- Works independently and makes decisions on individual risk selection and acceptance.
- Negotiates and binds terms, conditions and premium for new and renewal accounts within individual assigned portfolio and authority level.
- Responsible for production in order to generate new business opportunities and retain existing account which meets Company X’s strategies and underwriting guidelines.
- Maintaining bordereau’s and logs as required by binding authorities
- Provide forecasting for new and renewal business under designated binding authorities.
- Review work completed by Customer Service Brokers/Associate Brokers for accuracy. Applies appropriate factors to rating basis/formulas provided.
- Participates in self-development activities to improve or develop knowledge of underwriting or business-related subjects.
- Performs various other duties as directed by Department Manager
- Assists with training of Broker within either the Call Centre or other AON branches and support staff in understanding the function of underwriting.
- Responsible for claims review and assessment
- Management of claims data base
- Maintain relationships with insurers to which authority is given
- Keep up to date on changes in the marketplace and with competitors
- Facilitates and maintains policy information and accounting bordereau’s for binding authority
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- College Diploma/University degree
- RIBO License required within 3 months
- CIP designation is a positive
- Minimum 5-10 years or more experience in Commercial Property/Casualty underwriting with experience underwriting professional lines of coverage.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a background with a MGA or managing a small agency.
- Sound knowledge of policy wordings.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, decision making and negotiating skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills in: MS Word, Excel and Lotus Notes.
- Aggressive, committed team player.
- Automobile underwriting experience and bilingual English/French an asset.
- Willing to travel
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, a unique internal advancement program, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
How to ApplyJennifer Meechan
7796 total views, 3 today