Full-Time Commercial P&C Underwriter
We are looking for an experienced Commercial Underwriter who understands the value of providing excellent service to our business partners.
WHY GROUPONE INSURANCE SERVICES?
- Collaborative and results driven culture.
- Professional development and growth opportunities.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Casual dress environment.
- Fitness and Wellness Program
- A minimum of 5 years’ commercial property/casualty underwriting experience in medium to complex risks.*
- Enrollment in or completion of the CIP (FCIP) designation.
- University degree, college diploma or equivalent work related experience.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive business partnerships with brokers.
- Results oriented, driven by objectives with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate, negotiate and influence.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Willingness to travel to meet broker partners throughout the GTA.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce and Underwrite medium complexity and hard to place accounts for Commercial Property/Casualty in a timely manner.
- Provide feedback and underwriting expertise with respect to referred renewal accounts.
- Ensure file documentation and thought process is clearly articulated to meet audit compliance requirements.
- Achieve monthly production targets while maintaining underwriting integrity and profitability.
- Work collaboratively on special projects and assignments when required to do so.
- Maintain a broad working knowledge of company underwriting philosophy, policy contracts, rating programs, risk information sources, underwriting/technical manual information, statutory constraints and internal workflow procedures.
- Experience with Microsoft products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as broker software systems.
How to ApplyPlease send your resume with salary expectation to: Lisa McMillan, Director of Underwriting firstname.lastname@example.org
171 total views, 7 today