Full-Time Commercial P&C Claims Specialist
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
All inquiries are CONFIDENTIAL!
CLAIMS SPECIALIST – Commercial P&C
The Claims Specialist will be responsible for the efficient management of Commercial claims including but not limited to serious and complex CGL, Property, auto BI claims including US exposures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Within the scope of authority proactively review coverage, investigate, evaluate and negotiate claims in cost effective manner
- Assignment of independent adjusters/surveyors and attorneys in accordance with the established guidelines
- Effectively implement claim handling best practices that contribute to an overall profitability
- Prepare reports in a timely manner which accurately reflect loss development, loss exposure, coverage issues and claim handling strategies
- Identify all recovery opportunities and develop recovery file handling strategies
- Make recommendations on claims policy and processes to further enhance the claims department
- Attend pre-trials, mediations and settlement conferences across Canada and the US
SKILLS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- University degree and relevant claims experience with a minimum of 8 years of commercial property and casualty claims handling experience
- CIP, FCIP, CRM preferred
- Strong knowledge of industry trends, issues, Canadian and US laws and regulations
- Strong analytical, interpretation, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to conceptualize details and develop action plans for problem solving make sound business decisions effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt to change and value diverse opinions and ideas
- Strong MS Office skills with the ability to work in a paperless technology based environment
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset
How to ApplyI look forward to assisting you in your next career advancement Call Elaine at 416-703-5120 ext 204 or email Elaine@insurancecareernet.com Or reach out on LinkedIn https://ca.linkedin.com/in/elaine-kinsella-26a37523 When you work with Insurance Career Network, you are working with an entire team of Insurance Recruiters. Our team has the contacts to help you find your next great opportunity. We thank all applicants however only those being considered will be contacted.
448 total views, 1 today