Full-Time Commercial Marketing Underwriter, Strata & Condo (Calgary)
Our client is a leading North American insurance brokerage that provides a broad array of property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, reinsurance, investment and risk management products and services throughout offices located in the United States and Canada.
Our client continues to expand and is looking to add a key Commercial Marketing Underwriter (Strata & Condo) in their office in Calgary, AB.
The primary accountability of the commercial marketing underwriter is to maintain direct contact with representative insuring companies and offices and to obtain the underwriting and marketing information necessary to provide the most comprehensive and competitive terms for both commercial lines (new and renewal business) as well as to maintain and control the integrity and profitability of the underwriting authorities and respective insurers.
The Commercial Marketing Underwriter (Strata & Condo) will provide marketing and underwriting support Strata & Condo placements to commercial lines producers in the Alberta region for new and renewal business including: all in-house programs and underwriting facilities. Maintain direct contact with local insurance companies and other company’s offices to maintain the underwriting and marketing information necessary to provide the most comprehensive and competitive terms for commercial lines new and renewal business. Generate and drive new business production through the company’s various in-house commercial authorities and existing contracted markets.
Your typical tasks will include:
- Provide marketing support for Strata & Condo placements within the Alberta region and provide marketing support for large and mid market new business placements within the region.
- Provide producers and CSO with marketing support for the company’s Top 200 and other regional Stewardship accounts as required.
- Offer support to producers in terms of market availability, coverage’s available, and interpretations of wordings.
- Work with Producers to develop niche markets and programs and implement same as required.
- Fully understand our existing programs and products.
- Be fully familiar with wordings and the subtle differences between markets.
- Assist in providing training to new producers a/o assistants on various C/L products or topics.
- Maintain communication with our Key carriers and help to co-ordinate insurer visits and training as required.
- Regularly visit the company’s branches and producers to exchange ideas with Commercial staff and encourage the use of the marketing department.
- Actively participate in commercial lines meetings as required.
- Attend & participate in company meetings as required.
- Provide marketing support for Strata & Condo placements within the Alberta and British Columbia regions.
- Offer support to Producers in terms of market availability, coverage’s availability, and interpretation of wordings.
- Marketing entails, review of submissions and in-house authorities for determination of rate and terms – i.e. often there is a need to approach outside markets to help fill the line.
Candidate Requirements/Personal Attributes:
- A strong work ethic, good organizational skills and the ability to work within a team environment.
- Strong decision making skills and ability to bring creativity to underwriting risks.
- Active role in furthering education with courses and seminars.
- Strong organizational, mathematical, writing/language and people skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and with deadlines.
- Ability to make quick decisive confident decisions.
- Commercial lines underwriting experience.
- Computer skills.
Required Experience & Education:
- Minimum 2-3 years underwriting experience and knowledgeable insurance professional.
- Preference given to those with CAIB, AIIC or FIIC designation or working toward designation or have taken relevant underwriting courses.
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships with peers, clients, and industry personnel.
- Strong experience using MS Office suite.
- Bachelors Degree or Business Administration Diploma.
How to ApplyPlease call Cliff Tang at 604-727-3141 or send your resume and cover letter in confidence quoting ”Commercial Marketing Underwriter, Strata & Condo (Calgary)" to email@example.com
229 total views, 1 today