Full-Time Commercial Marketing Underwriter (Edmonton)
Our client is a leading North American insurance brokerage that provides a broad array of property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, reinsurance, investment and risk management products and services throughout offices located in the United States and Canada.
Our client continues to expand and is looking to add a key Commercial Marketing Underwriter in their office in Edmonton, BC.
Provide technical expertise and underwriting support to commercial lines producers in all regions for new and renewal business including all in-house programs and underwriting facilities. Maintain contact with our London markets as well as our insurance companies and understand the appetites and target classes for our key contracts and carriers. Work closely with the Company’s offices/producers to develop and present the underwriting and marketing information necessary to provide the most comprehensive and competitive terms for new and renewal business.
- Underwrite, negotiate and authorize the acceptance of new business, renewals and endorsements according to authority limits and company standards
- Externally Market and place business that does not fit within our authorities
- Apply effective pricing and underwriting in accordance to our London contracts and In house programs.
- Participate in delivery of technical training and acts as a mentor to junior staff
- Develop and maintain excellent producer relationships through discussions, correspondence and office visits.
- Offer support to producers in terms of market availability, coverage’s available, and interpretations of wordings.
- Work with Producers to develop niche markets and programs and implement same as required.
- Fully understand our existing programs and products.
- Actively participate in commercial lines meetings as required.
- Attend & participate in company meetings as required.
- Other miscellaneous duties as required
What you bring to this role:
- Ability to adapt to change and take decisive action when necessary
- Strategic thinking skills: ability to see the big picture while maintaining focus on daily details
- Excellent consultant, influencing and negotiation skills with prior Underwriting Experience
- Strong decision making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, superior customer service skills, excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- University degree / college diploma would be considered an asset
- CIP or actively pursuing professional insurance designation
- Minimum 3 – 7 years of related Insurance experience
- Solid understanding and expertise in commercial property and casualty underwriting
- Proficient computer skills
- Level 1 License (or working towards)
How to ApplyPlease call Cliff Tang at 604-727-3141 or send your resume and cover letter in confidence quoting: "Commercial Marketing Underwriter (Edmonton)" to email@example.com
71 total views, 5 today