|COMMERCIAL UNDERWRITER – TEAM LEADER
Specialized in niches of expert know-how insurance, our client develops and offers a wide range of tailor-made products for personal and commercial lines.
We are currently seeking a Team Leader Commercial Lines, for our Toronto office.The job holder is accountable for underwriting, providing direction and the day to day management in regards to our Ontario commercial lines: identifying and analysing growth opportunities, managing issues and ensuring that the Company client promise is consistently delivered. The Team Leader will report to our National LOB Director Commercial Lines, and will manage all operational staff: underwriters and processing staff
- Lead and manage a team; whilst fostering a culture of trust, openness and engagement.
- Provides technical underwriting guidance to staff, ensuring that underwriting standards are maintained and underwriting results are favourable – building trust through an open and collaborative relationship with key insurer partners.
- Manage the day to day operations of the underwriting team, including account allocation, workload planning and prioritization, training & development, goal setting, performance reviews, and coaching.
- Underwrite and negotiate policy terms and conditions on target new and renewal business.
- Manage referral process with underwriting staff and be able to communicate with markets clearly and concisely to convey individual account underwriting requirements within binding authority guidelines and within company underwriting strategy
- Maintaining and developing strong relationship with key partners and brokers to develop business opportunities. Participate in industry functions to increase visibility in the marketplace, network with key players in the industry and increase knowledge of the industry
- Monitoring and understanding business performance and results on a continual basis – identifying and managing issues in addition to opportunities to improve growth, profitability or service.
- Developing a deep knowledge of the market including key distributors, competitors, insurers and ultimately, the changing and emerging needs of clients including market trends, pricing levels and policy form amendments. Ensuring that Company’s offer to brokers and clients remains relevant, valuable and innovative.
Key Skills & Experience
- Minimum 2 Years experience in a leadership role with a team of 5 persons or more.
- In-depth understanding of commercial insurance, ideally in a wholesaler or MGA capacity, with 5 or more years experience in the industry
- Strong leadership and decision making skills
- Proven experience in managing external relationships ideally with development of strong relationships in the insurance broker community
- Track record developing profitable business
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- CIP or FCIP preferred
- University degree in related field (additional related work experience will be deemed equivalent)
6524 total views, 1 today