Full-Time Commercial Lines Specialist – Construction Practice
Our client is an independent insurance brokerage, established in 1919, dedicated to providing security and value through custom insurance solutions for business, personal and financial services. Our client has three branches with a total staff in excess of 80 experienced individuals. They are respected as an accomplished, professional organization, well-positioned and well-established within the Canadian marketplace. Currently looking to add another broker to their team.
The Commercial Lines Practice Specialists works in partnership with Commercial Producers and group members to provide attentive, effective client service, reinforcing and developing the client/broker relationship.
Practice Group Contribution includes:
Liaise with Practice Leader and consult where needed with other practice group members.
Share Insurer and product information with all group members, manager, producers & partners.
Establish and develop rapport and strong working relationships with underwriters and insurance company representatives.
Responsibility for assigned client portfolios includes:
· Negotiation and placement of new business, renewals and remarkets. Only Insurers with acceptable financial strength rating which have been approved by Company management are to be used, to assemble the broadest coverage and wordings available at competitive pricing, terms and conditions.
· Evaluate marketing submissions including making suggestions and/or recommendations for revisions to specifications if warranted. Complete review and analysis of quotations received. Provide comparison to producer, highlighting enhancements and/or limitations for renewals in order that producer can proceed with the development of presentation to new and existing clients, including creating comparison spreadsheets as needed.
· Record new business activity in monthly quote logs and update as required.
· Provide comments to producers on market capacity, underwriting criteria and rating issues and competitive factors that may be encountered. Participate and provide direction in market selection process in conjunction with producer.
· Organization, presentation and/or delivery of materials to underwriters including any necessary overview to ensure their valid interpretation of the risk.
· As requested by producers, participation in client discussions regarding proposals.
· Provide formal binding/renewal instructions to underwriters upon advice from producer for agreed upon coverages remembering that time is of the essence. Issue binder of insurance pending receipt of formal policy, invoice & abeyance files and follow up for policies.
· Maintenance of proper file documentation and TAM/Policyworks records including abeyances, applications where needed and summaries to ensure information is readily accessible by others, in accordance with company procedures
· Assist in updating the marketing files and information on the computer system.
· Assist with balancing of portfolios, with attention given to market share, mix of business and particular appetites of various Insurers
· Contribute and maintain professional atmosphere and appearance of the office.
· Participate in continuing education programs as available (also required by RIBO).
· Other projects and/or duties as needed and requested by management.
How to ApplyInsurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role. Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment. TO APPLY: Register and submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Monica for more information 416 703-5120 ext 201
7 total views, 1 today