Full-Time Commercial Lines (Property) Underwriter
Peace Hills Insurance is a growing Canadian insurance company specializing in property and casualty insurance. We have approximately 200 employees with branch offices in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We are dedicated to providing the best customer service available. Peace Hills Insurances prides itself on being a flexible, position, and rewarding place to work.
Company culture is what sets aside Peace Hills Insurance from our competitors. Our personality is reflected in our mission statement, corporate values, and business ethics and is further exercised through the architecture of our office. Visit www.peacehillsinsurance.com.
Commercial Lines Property Underwriter
We currently have an opening for a Commercial Lines Property Underwriter for our BC Branch. Reporting to the Commercial Lines Manager for BC, the successful candidate will contribute to the achievement of a profitable and growing portfolio of business by effectively and efficiently underwriting risks.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Review quote requests and applications to determine risk acceptability, policy terms and rates to process new business;
- Review and process renewals, endorsements and cancellations;
- Place facultative reinsurance on risks that exceed capacity;
- Provide underwriting advice and answer inquiries from brokers
- Liaise with personal lines, claims, and accounting departments on mutual concerns;
- Visit brokers to communicate underwriting approaches, facilitating public relations efforts, and problem solving;
- Attend industry functions;
- Various other duties as required.
- 5 years of commercial property and casualty experience in a similar role or combination of education and experience;
- Knowledge of policy wordings and rating guidelines;
- Strong written and verbal communication;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills;
- Strong computer skills;
- CIP/FCIP designation (or working towards) would be an asset.
Working at Peace Hills
Along with a competitive base pay, Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in this great opportunity to build your career submit your resume, stating the position you are applying for, to Peace Hills Insurance at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
238 total views, 2 today