Full-Time Commercial Lines (Auto) Manager
We currently have a fulltime position available for a Commercial Lines (Auto) Manager in our Northern Alberta branch. Reporting to the Regional Director, the successful individual will be focused on leading a team of Underwriters and Coordinators, cultivating and maintaining relationships with our valued brokers, and assume responsibility for the development and maintenance of a profitable book of commercial lines business. The Commercial Lines (Auto) Manager shares responsibility in supporting the strategic direction and achieving established goals within the Northern Alberta Branch.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strong leadership while overseeing and managing the Commercial Auto business.
- Carry out the full scope of management responsibilities to a team of underwriters and coordinators.
- In collaboration with Regional Director, establish profitability and production targets and ensure they are met.
- Monitor, achieve and maintain service standards and ensure team understands and complies with relevant regulations.
- Identify key risks and develop and implement processes to mitigate such risks.
- Provide large loss reports by conducting a thorough and objective file review.
- Conduct file and quote audits to ensure underwriting guidelines are adhered to, and develop summary reports.
- Responsible to develop and implement action items/initiatives that arise from the audits.
- Use data and reports to analyze and monitor the department’s profitability, losses, results, etc. and take action to mitigate as required.
- Participate in regular and annual broker reviews including a comprehensive evaluation and recommendations.
- Assist in strategic planning activities; i.e department budget preparation.
- Assist in marketing initiatives through development of broker relationships and by participating in the development of marketing materials/communications and attending broker visits periodically.
- Facilitate public relations efforts by representing Peace Hills Insurance within the industry.
- 10 years Commercial Lines (Auto) Underwriting experience
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent combination of post-secondary education and experience
- CIP or FCIP designation or near completion
- Previous management experience an asset
- Innovative, forward thinker able to manage multiple priorities
- Proven leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills, and confidence in decision making
- Exceptional ability to build and maintain relationships both inside and outside the organization
- Commitment to continuous improvement
Working at Peace Hills
Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work. Offering a collegial work environment and a work-life balance are just two of the ways we do this.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in this opportunity, submit your resume stating which position you are applying for to Peace Hills Insurance to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
295 total views, 5 today