|Overview of Position:
As a Commercial Lines Account Associate you will have a great opportunity to work with an experienced and dedicated team of HUB professionals on an established book of commercial accounts in the Construction and Environmental Practice. Your focus will be on the retention of these accounts and their growth. If you have commercial lines insurance experience and are committed to delivering great customer service then this might be the role for you.
Benefits for being in this position are: excellent exposure to commercial lines while working for one of the top 10 Insurance Brokerages in the world, freedom in taking insurance courses to further yourself in your knowledge of insurance and working alongside top professionals in the Insurance industry! By taking the first step in applying, it just might get you a chance to work for one of the leading Insurance Brokerages in Canada and abroad!
Your knowledge and experience as a Commercial Broker with large accounts combined with your attention to detail and customer service focus are the keys to success in the role of Commercial Lines Account Associate. This role is reporting Vice President, Commercial Lines and is responsible for providing support to the commercial lines team.
The successful candidate will:
- Work in a team based structure with the Vice President and providing sales, marketing and administrative support to retain and grow existing portfolios.
- Provide our internal and external clients with prompt, courteous and professional service
- Accountable for client renewal packages, policies, submissions, binders, letters and summaries, issuance of Certificates of Insurance as required
- Accountable for client renewal packages, policies, submissions, binders, letters and summaries, issuance of Certificates of Insurance as required.
- Supporting Account Managers by researching and analyzing client coverage trends and identifying areas of risk and opportunities along with solutions.
- Calculation and invoicing transactions.
- Working in partnership with Accounts Receivable on client collections actions on outstanding accounts while updating the Account Manager on status or required support.
- Prepare marketing submissions with responsibility for correspondence and negotiations with underwriters
- Participation on client renewal meetings
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma or equivalent work experience
- RIBO Licensed
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Commercial Construction Insurance (Property, Builders Risks and Wrap-up Liability) as a Commercial Broker or Underwriter
- RIBO Licensed
- CIP/CAIB/CRM Designation required or in progress
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Experience on Epic or equivalent insurance management system
- Strong organizational, time and client management skills
- Effective communication skills: verbal, written and client presentations
- Strong team player and ability to work independently
- Proactive and customer focused approach
- Knowledge of diverse insurance policies and emerging insurance trends
- Resourceful researching skills
- Entrepreneurship – encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
- Balance – balancing corporate duty with personal growth
- Integrity – doing things right every time
- Teamwork – working together to maximize results
- Discipline – focused on goals
- Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
- Service – serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.