|Overview of Position:
Hub International’s vision is to be the leading sales and service organization in the insurance industry.
Hub International in Markham, Ontario is currently looking for an experienced Account Assistant with the ability to support the account workflow for our Construction Practice. This is an ideal role for an Insurance Broker with strong administrative support experience. Benefits of this position include: working on a book of business in a supportive team and management environment in which knowledge is shared and development encouraged!
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging wok environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
An ideal candidate for this position will be someone who prides themselves on their top notch client service. This role will be ideal for someone who is highly organized with strong analytical and communication skills, sense of urgency, and the ability to meet often tight deadlines. The ideal candidate will be able to think on their feet and come up with creative solutions to coverage problems and have a strong client service focus.
This role provides support to an Account Manager and Account Associate in the Construction Practice. The primary responsibilities include:
- Execution of insurance certificates, auto liability slips, binders, statement of values, proposals, and processing of client documents (endorsements and policies)
- Updating rate/premium histories and premium comparisons; calculation of PST, Invoicing, processing of journal entries, execution of premium finance forms, collection of aged receivables, as required, and correction of commission differences
- Maintain/Update Summary of Insurance (update as policy changes occur and at renewal)
- Answering client queries, communicating with insurance companies
- Inputting data into computerized database (uploading documentation to WINTAM) and setting up electronic client and prospect screens in EPIC
- Maintaining effective abeyance system
- Maintaining filing system and set up of client files
- Print and distribute renewal list to Account Manager and Account Associate at least 90 days before renewal
- Print and distribute accounts receivable reports
- Assist clients with Certificate Exchange
- Update claims history on summaries
- Provide assistance where required and perform all other duties as assigned by Account Manager and Account Associate
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-Secondary education or commensurate work experience;
- RIBO Licensed;
- 1-2 years of commercial insurance account experience required
- Knowledge or experience in the construction industry an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Experience on EPIC or similar insurance management system.
- CAIB/CIP/CRM designation or working towards
- Strong organizational, time and client management skills
- Effective communication skills: verbal and written
- Strong team player
- Proactive and customer focused approach
- Strong initiative and follow up skills
- Entrepreneurship – encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
- Balance – balancing corporate duty with personal growth
- Integrity – doing things right every time
- Teamwork – working together to maximize results
- Discipline – focused on goals
- Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
- Service – serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
Please apply online at: