|Hub International’s vision is to be the leading sales and service organization in the insurance industry.
Hub International HKMB in Toronto, Ontario is currently looking for an Account Assistant with the ability to support the account workflow for our busy Commercial Practice with a diverse book of business. This is an ideal role for an organized and customer-focused individual with strong administrative support experience.
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
An ideal candidate for this position will be someone who prides themselves on their top notch client service and someone who enjoys the thrill of a fast-paced environment. This is a great opportunity to gain exposure to great insurance talent in the business. This role is ideal for someone who is highly organized with strong analytical and communication skills and the ability to meet often tight deadlines. The ideal candidate will be able to think on their feet and come up with creative solutions to coverage problems.
This role provides support to an Account Manager in the Commercial Practice. The primary responsibilities include:
- Answer client queries with prompt, courteous and professional service and be able to effectively communicate with insurance companies
- Effective management of team mail and maintain EPIC according to prescribed workflows (ie. Attachments, activity, scanned documents etc) including effective use of EPIC abeyance system
- Effective use of compu-quote for IRCA policies (Individually rated commercial auto)
- Facilitate and execute timely client pre-renewal packages
- With guidance, facilitate, review and execute renewal policies, submissions, binders, letters, liability slips and summaries of insurance. Ensure policy documents are accurate and complete.
- Invoice transactions and be able to calculate proper PST, fees etc. , manage commission differences when required, order client refunds etc.
- Execution of premium finance forms, collection of aged receivables, as required
- Competently issue certificates of insurance and with guidance review contract requirements
- Participate in training and professional development courses to enhance skills and industry knowledge
- Provide assistance where required and perform other responsibilities as assigned by Account Manager
- Post-Secondary Education or commensurate work experience;
- RIBO Licensed preferred or willing to obtain within 6 months of employment
- 1-2 years of commercial insurance account experience desired
- Intermediate Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel (i.e. Pivot tables, formulas and sorting), PowerPoint and Outlook
- Previous experience with insurance management systems
- Experience with Compu-Quote for IRCA, an asset
- Strong organizational, time and client management skills
- Effective communication skills: verbal and written
- Strong team player
- Proactive and customer focused approach
- Strong initiative and follow up skills
- Industry knowledge in manufacturing, mining, transportation an asset
- Entrepreneurship – encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
- Balance – balancing corporate duty with personal growth
- Integrity – doing things right every time
- Teamwork – working together to maximize results
- Discipline – focused on goals
- Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
- Service – serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
Please apply online at: