|Our client, with an office in the southeastern portion of the GTA, is seeking an experienced commercial casualty underwriter.
In this role, you will be responsible for the production and underwriting of primary casualty, lead umbrella and excess business from brokers across Canada. The ideal individual will have good knowledge of brokerages as well as good connections to key individuals controlling how the business is placed. The successful candidate must be someone who can generate new business activity and who is able to underwrite commercial casualty business profitably.
Experience in CGL, Umbrella, and Errors & Omissions is a definite asset. Preferred candidates will possess, or be close to completing, a CIP designation. This role requires excellent communication and computer skills.
- The candidate must have the ability to handle a book of renewal business as well as the ability to generate new business.
- As part of their overall responsibility, the candidate must be willing to work in a team environment.
- Responsible for coordination with other areas that support the business.
Minimum Preferred Experience:
- Five years’ commercial casualty underwriting experience, preferably on complex accounts
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Established relationships with metropolitan area brokers
- Team player
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
How to Apply
Posted By:Peter Morris (Reply to this ad)
||Toronto, Ontario, Canada
||Ontario - GTA
7872 total views, 1 today