Full-Time Commercial Account Representative
You’re passionate about providing professional, friendly customer service and advice to our clients.
You’re a people person who enjoys building long-lasting relationships with insurance carriers, industry leaders and your colleagues.
You’re detail-oriented with strong problem solving skills that will enable you to put together solid solutions for our clients.
If you’re nodding, this Commercial Account Representative at Cowan Insurance Group may be perfect for you!
What’s the ask?
Reporting to the Director, Commercial Lines, you will work closely with the Commercial Account Executive to service a book of business. You will apply your knowledge in commercial insurance to counsel and assist customers in their insurance needs and aligning personal efforts to support the organization’s strategy, business goals and value proposition to our clients.
- Direct interaction with clients to manage day to day requests in a timely manner
- Manage renewal information gathering
- Negotiate renewal and endorsement terms with Insurers
- Make recommendations for coverage enhancements
- Build strong relationships with insurance carriers and clients
- Assist in the preparation of insurance submissions, proposals and summaries of insurance
- Guide technical support staff with daily tasks to enhance the customer experience
- Negotiate terms on new and renewal opportunities for accounts not handled within the Commercial Marketing team
What does it take?
- Minimum 3 years commercial insurance experience
- RIBO licenced
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and prioritize competing demands
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Computer skills required, TAM, Excel, Word
- Team player who recognizes the benefits of collaboration with fellow team members
- Bonus points if you are working towards the Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) or Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation
Who we are
Canadian-owned and operated, Cowan Insurance Group is a leading independent insurance brokerage and consulting operation, providing real value to our clients. With close to 500 employees operating out of 12 locations across Canada, we’re proud to have been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2012.
We partner with leading national and international insurance companies to:
- deliver insurance and risk management solutions to businesses, organizations and individuals
- advise on and create retirement, group benefits, disability management and international benefits programs for employee groups.
We also offer wealth and asset management as well as financial and succession planning services to individuals, and specialize in property, casualty and credit insurance.
What sets us apart?
Be in good company
Integrity matters. It drives our award-winning workplace culture and fuels our collective desire to help our clients, employees, and communities thrive.
Challenge your thinking
You’re valued for your passion, drive and creativity. The pace is fast but the work is meaningful, interesting, and complex, just the way you like it.
We believe in your potential. If you’re looking to develop your expertise with learning opportunities and mentoring, we’ll make that happen.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive salary
- Participate in our comprehensive pension and benefits plan on day one — no waiting period
- Company-matched Registered Pension Plan
- Company-paid training and development courses
- Community involvement
How to ApplySend your cover letter and resume and share your unique story with us. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews. If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual's technical qualifications, knowledge and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.
41 total views, 1 today