Full-Time Commercial Account Manager (Chilliwack)
Our retained client (the Company) is a leading North American insurance brokerage that provides a broad array of property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, reinsurance, investment and risk management products and services throughout offices located in the United States and Canada.
Are you an insurance professional that would like to step into commercial lines? Do you work well in a fast paced, client-focused environment? This is an excellent opportunity to grow and learn alongside a team of insurance experts to make a difference for their clients.
The Company offers:
- competitive wages with increases for successful completion of training
- medical and dental benefits
- an education reimbursement program
- a RRSP matching program
- a corporate culture unlike any other
If you are flexible and are interesting in growing your career, you will see even more opportunities across 75 branches, in 4 provinces and territories.
WHAT DO THEY VALUE? They are looking for those who believe in:
- Entrepreneurship– They encourage innovation and educated risk-tasking
- Integrity– They do the right thing every time
- Teamwork– They work together to maximize results
- Accountability– They measure and take responsibility for outcomes.
- Service– They serve our customers, communities and colleagues
If you value what they value, and like the perks along the way – APPLY!
- Provide exceptional client care as primary customer service contact
- Respond to customer requests directly (or indirectly from the Senior Account Manager/Account Executive and/or Marketer), compiling information and submitting information to appropriate insurance companies and binding coverage where appropriate
- Participate in formal account reviews; assisting in account rounding and working diligently to provide value-added services for clients
- Prepare submissions in Policy Works and EPIC
- Prepare proposals, cover notes, customer correspondence, certificates, and invoices as per agency standards
- Assist Account Teams with various administrative function
- Review and prioritize all assigned tasks daily including company mail, emails, abeyances/activities
- Maintain accuracy of electronic files that may be housed in EPIC, Policy Works, Certificate Exchange and physical files as per agency standards
- Manage the Marketing of accounts to include new, renewal, and midterm changes
- Collect data from the client, create an expert submission to be presented, negotiate suitable rates and coverages with company underwriters, present account executives with best programs, and bind coverage.
- Provide training and guidance to new Insurance Advisors on the team
- Other responsibilities as needed
As the successful candidate you are self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency and the ability to provide measurable deliverables to Senior Account Managers and clients. You have 1-2 years of relevant experience as an Insurance Advisor, and a level 2 insurance license.
Skills, characteristics & qualifications
- Good communication, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Pro-active and a self-starter
- Commercial bonding experience is required
- Experience with marketing and assisting with client contacts on accounts within the book of business
- Confident to work independently without supervision
- Superior client service, presentation and interpersonal skills
- A keen attention to detail
- Solutions oriented and a critical thinker
- Work well in a fast paced, client-focused environment
- Motivated to contribute within a team environment
The employment offer is contingent upon completion of a successful background check
Why Choose the Company?
Throughout their network of more than 450 offices in North America, they offer a competitive, exciting and friendly work environment that strategically positions their employees for longevity and success. They believe in investing in the future of their employees and provide continuous opportunities for growth and development. Their entrepreneurial culture fosters an environment that empowers their people to make the best decisions for our customers and organization, focusing on expanding the industry knowledge of their insurance professionals to better serve their valued clients. They are committed to providing you with competitive and flexible benefits options that are rooted in your current needs yet evolves as your needs change over time. Join them in taking the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction.
They are the perfect fit if you:
- are seeking a progressive work environment at a rapidly growing organization
- have a desire to help others protect their future
- have an entrepreneurial spirit and are challenged by the opportunity to grow the business
- are focused on learning and development to enhance your industry knowledge and expertise
- are a self-starter willing to invest time and energy to learn the technical aspects of their business
- believe in integrity and building success by developing relationships with others
Your future with the Company:
Choose a career with the Company and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction. By joining the Company, you will become part of a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement.
This is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
Department: Account Management & Service
Required Experience: 1-2 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Education: High school or equivalent
How to ApplyPlease call Cliff Tang at 604-727-3141 or send your resume and cover letter in confidence quoting Commercial Account Manager (Chilliwack) to firstname.lastname@example.org
1242 total views, 11 today