Full-Time Commercial Account Executive
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has 3 to 5 years Commercial Account Executive / Management experience with small to mid-sized commercial lines insurance clients.
- Motivated by New Business Sales / Growth while providing Exemplary Customer Service
- Good working knowledge of specialty lines covers, including Professional Liability, Directors & Officers, Cyber, Crime, etc.
- Holds a Level 2 General Insurance Broker’s license.
- Has strong communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Is detail oriented with strong time management skills.
- Experience working with EPIC / TAM, as well as insurer quoting portals, would be an asset.
- Achieved or working towards CAIB/CIP/FCIP would be an asset.
- Is continually looking to learn and grow, both personally and professionally
Primary Responsibilities, will include but not be limited to:
In conjunction with Commercial Services Representatives and Administration team members, the Commercial Account Executive will manage a small existing book of commercial clients and dedicate rest of the time to proactively handling new business opportunities.
Required to maintain a strong work ethic with a total commitment to success each and every day. Responsibilities include ensuring both new and existing customers are provided with prompt, knowledgeable and friendly customer service including:
- Handle and develop leads and referrals, cross-sell, schedule appointments, identify customer insurance requirements, complete applications.
- Ensure existing book of business is handled effectively with goals to maintain high retention levels.
- Responding to inquiries regarding insurance availability, eligibility, coverage, policy changes, transfers, claim submissions, and billing clarification.
- Market new submissions to carriers / MGA’s, create and present proposals.
- When necessary, prepare / maintaining variety of Word, Excel or System documents where necessary including submissions and proposals.
- Where needed, send out Payment reminders and phone follow ups for outstanding payments and follow up with clients on Registered Letters of Cancellations.
- Participate in management and company-wide staff meetings and attends other required meetings and seminars;
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies, and Abilities required for this Position:
- High proficiency in computer skills and experienced in a variety of programs (EPIC / TAM, Word, Excel, Insurer portals, Premium Finance Companies, etc.);
- Ability to properly use grammar, punctuation, etc. in written communications;
- Excellent time management skills with the proven ability to prioritize tasks;
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to self-motivate with a results-driven approach;
- The willingness and ability to be coached by other staff or Management;
- Ability to overcome challenges in a respectful and professional manner;
- Excellent communication skills with team members and clients is key;
- Being an active listener with customers and your team;
- Ability to work extremely well with others in a team and client environment;
We offer to our Staff :
- A competitive pay, commission and bonus structure with possible shared book ownership structure for the right person.** Fully commissioned role with book ownership opportunity also available.
- A friendly and professional working environment with experienced staff
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive Group Benefits Plan after three months.
How to ApplyWe wish to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please send your cover letter / resume (in PDF format - WORD documents will not be opened) and base salary expectations in confidence to: Andrea Collis, CIP – President - email@example.com Hours: 35 per week Job Types: Full-time or Part-time, Permanent Base Salary + Commission and bonus structure
96 total views, 3 today