|HUB International Limited is a leading North American insurance brokerage that provides a broad array of property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, reinsurance, investment, and risk management products and services throughout offices located in the United States and Canada. As one of the leading insurance brokerages in North America, we offer many exciting and challenging careers. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
Benefits of working for HUB:
At HUB International we want you to achieve an even work-life balance, and our benefits package allows you to manage your health, wellness, and financial future. HUB International will foster your learning, support your endeavours, and encourage your growth. We provide opportunities for career-driven individuals to move upward in our organization. Our successes breed your opportunity!
Overview of Position:
As an Account Associate, you will have a great opportunity to work with an experienced and dedicated team of HUB professionals on an established book of commercial, industrial, and manufacturing accounts. Your focus will be on the retention of these accounts and their growth. If you have commercial lines insurance experience and are committed to delivering great customer service, this might be the role for you.
Benefits for being in this position are: excellent exposure to commercial lines while working for one of the top 10 Insurance Brokerages in the world, freedom in taking insurance courses to further yourself in your knowledge of insurance, and working alongside top professionals in the Insurance industry! By taking the first step in applying, you are one step closer to working for one of the leading Insurance Brokerages in Canada and abroad!
Your knowledge and experience in commercial insurance, combined with your attention to detail and customer service focus, are the keys to success in the role of Commercial Account Associate. This role is reporting to VP, Commercial Lines, and is responsible for providing support to the commercial lines team.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide our internal and external clients with prompt, courteous, and professional service
- Timely prepare client renewal packages, policies, submissions, binders, and summaries
- Analyze client coverage, exposures and loss experience to determine risk requirements
- Be responsible for cross selling, pro-actively securing quotes/terms and preparing proposals for clients
- Review policy wordings and other documentation for accuracy and completeness and finding gaps in coverage
- Independently able to perform due diligence on insurance programs for existing client and prospects as necessary
- Calculate adjustments and premiums on policies and other insurance documents;
- Prepare marketing submissions with responsibility for correspondence and negotiations with underwriters
- Have broad technical knowledge and market intelligence across a variety of businesses from manufacturing/processing, building owners/managers, retail, miscellaneous professional services and large fleet operators
- Prepare detailed renewal proposals and premium comparisons for clients
- Assist in collection of Accounts Receivables while adhering to HUB International file management standards
- Actively develop an increased knowledge of related insurance products and client needs
- Participate in training and professional development courses to enhance skills and industry knowledge
- Post secondary education
- RIBO licensed
- Minimum of 7 years Commercial (Property, Liability, Automobile, E&O) Insurance experience
- Experience in market negotiations on commercial policies is required
- Significant commercial contract experience is necessary to succeed in this role
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook) required to complete complicated excel spreadsheets with formulas and PowerPoint presentations incorporating charts and graphs appropriate to each business sector
- Experience on TAM or similar insurance management system
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a team and independently with minimum supervision servicing clients/marketing from beginning to end.
- Candidate needs to have: strong attention to detail, time management and analytical skills, as well as someone confident in their abilities and is organized, assertive, adaptable, and professional.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills are also required
- Entrepreneurship – encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
- Balance – balancing corporate duty with personal growth
- Integrity – doing things right every time
- Teamwork – working together to maximize results
- Discipline – focused on goals
- Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
- Service – serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.