Full-Time Commercial Account Assistant
You love the idea of working in a dynamic and fast paced environment!
You’re a people person who enjoys building long-lasting relationships with insurance carriers, industry leaders and your colleagues.
You’re detail-oriented with strong problem solving skills that will enable you to put together solid solutions for our clients.
If you’re nodding, this Commercial Account Assistant role at Cowan Insurance Group may be perfect for you!
This entry-level position has numerous opportunities for growth within the organization.
What’s the ask?
The successful candidate will provide administrative support on new and renewal accounts in partnership with Commercial Account Representatives to ensure client retention and timely customer service.
- Work closely with team to provide support on renewals, new business, proposals, follow ups, binders, slips, finance contracts, scanning and other duties as assigned by Manager
- Prioritize work received from Commercial Account Representatives & Marketing Consultants based on request type, through proper management of inbox and follow up queue, with special attention paid to timelines on preparation of liability slips, memorandums of insurance, certificates of insurance (timelines may change based on prioritization of requests.
What does it take?
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience.
- RIBO license or ability to obtain
- Customer-centric, friendly and professional at all times
- Exceptional organization skills with an ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products
- Professional, responsive, and a positive work attitude is essential
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Previous experience with TAM is an asset
- CIP, CAIB, CRM (or working towards designation) would be an asset
Who we are
Canadian-owned and operated, Cowan Insurance Group is a leading independent insurance brokerage and consulting operation, providing real value to our clients. With close to 500 employees operating out of 12 locations across Canada, we’re proud to have been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2012.
We partner with leading national and international insurance companies to:
- deliver insurance and risk management solutions to businesses, organizations and individuals
- advise on and create retirement, group benefits, disability management and international benefits programs for employee groups.
We also offer wealth and asset management as well as financial and succession planning services to individuals, and specialize in property, casualty and credit insurance.
What sets us apart?
Be in good company
Integrity matters. It drives our award-winning workplace culture and fuels our collective desire to help our clients, employees, and communities thrive.
Challenge your thinking
You’re valued for your passion, drive and creativity. The pace is fast, but the work is meaningful, interesting, and complex, just the way you like it.
We believe in your potential. If you’re looking to develop your expertise with learning opportunities and mentoring, we’ll make that happen.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive salary
- Participate in our comprehensive benefits plan on day one — no waiting period
- Company-matched Retirement Plan
- Company-paid training and development courses
- Community involvement
How to ApplySend your cover letter and resume and share your unique story with us. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews. If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual's technical qualifications, knowledge and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.
89 total views, 3 today