Full-Time Claims Supervisor
LOCATION: Altona or Winnipeg, MB
REPORTS TO: Claims Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: Claims Specialist
We are a progressive property & casualty insurance company with a focus on our customers and employees. We believe everyone has a right to feel safe and protected, and to know that someone is looking out for them. So we treat our employees like family members – we’ll be honest with them, support them, offer a listening ear, admit when we’re wrong and be a positive force in their lives and in our communities.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Claims Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership to their team, including the adjudication of complex or difficult claim files. Acting as a liaison between stakeholders (Broker, Claimants, Vendors & other industry peers) as needed and engagement in Strategic Company initiatives (creation and deployment).
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Approving payment requests, reserve changes and contact manager changes for the rest of the Winnipeg claims staff.
- Includes reviewing the file to confirm that the request is valid, and following up with the adjuster if they have any questions or concerns.
- Adjusting the claim files that have been assigned.
- Liability files and injury claims, as well as larger commercial losses.
- Assist team with questions and concerns.
- To motivate, coach and hold accountable staff under your direction in the business.
- Administer timely performance reviews, assessing needs for education, rewards and setting direction.
- Embody and influence the organization to have the following leadership competencies:
|Work collaboratively with colleagues, actively contributes to task teams. Gather input, genuinely value others’ ideas and expertise; willing to learn from others. Support and act in accordance to group decision. Work with others to resolve conflicts, by using problem solving and communication competencies.|
|Strong Communication Skills/Interpersonal skills||Speak and write clearly and effectively. Listen to others, asks questions to clarify and demonstrates skills in dialogue. Tailor language, tone, style and format to match the audience.|
Understand the non-verbal cues during an interaction, and adjust communications accordingly.
|Respect Diversity||Understand it takes people with different ideas, strengths, interests, and cultural backgrounds to make our company succeed. We encourage healthy debate and differences of opinion.|
|Nurtures growth||Committed to ongoing improvement of your own skills as well as your employees. Look for opportunities to coach/mentor your employees to produce the leaders of tomorrow.|
|Decision Making/Problem Solving/Critical Thinking||Identifies key issues in complex situations, and comes to the heart of the problem quickly. Gathers relevant info, consider impact, makes decision and propose course of action. Drive business results by using sound critical thinking skills and initiative to make it happen.|
|Motivate and Inspire People||Inspire and motivate others to be empowered by providing constructive feedback and mentorship, delegate’s responsibility, clarifies expectations, provides information, reviews work and provides feedback. Shows appreciation for effort and achievement. Give autonomy in important areas of their work and involves them when making decisions that affect them.|
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
- 5+ years of claims adjusting experience is required
- 2+ years in leadership/management is required
- CIP/FCIP designation is required
- CIM certificate is preferred
- Class 5 drivers license is required
- Post secondary education in business or other relevant field is required
- High school diploma is required
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent decision-making ability
- Strong leadership and mentoring ability
How to ApplyPlease apply online at: https://redrivermutual.com/about-us/careers/
76 total views, 1 today