Intact Insurance is Canada’s largest home, auto and business insurance company protecting over 3 million customers. We believe insurance isn’t about things, it’s about people. Our strength is our ability to get people back on track in a fair, respectful, and easy manner when an unforeseen event occurs. And the valuable people we have working here understand this important job. In our Ontario Division, we have 5 Regional offices located in London, Mississauga, Toronto, Ajax and Ottawa with a satellite office in Sudbury.
Responsible for the direction and management of the Accident Benefits Claims Teams within the Ottawa Region including Sudbury and Thunder Bay, oversee day-to-day operations providing for efficient and effective work processes, quality customer service, and continuous improvement meeting all Company standards, procedures and goals. Authorizes major settlements within authority level or escalates those cases with higher financial requirements or special circumstances. Assists the Director – AB in providing for the overall direction and management of the customer service and claims settlement.
- Manages the day-to-day operation of the Casualty Unit(s) of the claims department to achieve essential business goals and meet customer service expectations. Also manages and monitors activities of clerical support staff unit(s). Reports on progress up against specific goals and objectives, providing Monthly/Quarterly on same. Ensures effective implementation of and compliance with all company policies and procedures. Manages relationships with key vendors within area(s) of expertise, ensuring that corporate policies and procedures as well as customer service and productivity standards,
- Assists Directors to develop policies, strategies, budgets and long- and short-term plans to facilitate ongoing work, process improvement, customer relations and other functions.
- Acts as claims authority within area(s) of expertise and provides direction on such issues as policy interpretation, legal and technical issues or concerning large losses. Settles large or complex claims within own authority or escalates issues as necessary.
- Manages budget and material resources within own group to provide exceptional customer service and while meeting all of the Company’s financial and productivity goals. Develops, recommends, and implements strategies for loss cost containment and increased Salvage and Subrogation returns to improve the Region’s loss ratios.
- Responsible for managing the employees within own group including hiring and terminations, coaching and mentoring subordinates, performance management, continuous learning and career development for all staff.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 10 years Claims experience which includes automobile, residential and casualty adjusting and 2 years in a management function.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of staff.
- Proficiency in a variety of PC software including Microsoft Word.
- Experience in coaching and developing staff.
- Proven leadership skills, excellent communication skills
- CIP(Chartered Insurance Professional) preferred
- Bilingualism (English & French) is a preference