Full-Time Claims Examiner – TPA – downtown Toronto
Our client is committed to providing unsurpassed service to insurance brokers, agents and carriers. Their mission is to make the lives of their brokers and agent partners easier and more successful. They are fully dedicated to serving their unique challenges by providing access to coverage for difficult risks requiring innovative solutions on a regional, national, and international basis.
The Claims Examiner is responsible for proactively managing a portfolio of claim files and providing technical assistance to team members of varying levels of experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a rapidly expanding and newly developing claims company.
The Ideal Candidate:
· You’re organized and a master multi-tasker. You are attentive to detail and can effectively manage your time and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· You’re analytical. You connect the dots and apply what you learned to solve problems.
· You take initiative. You don’t wait until you are told what to do. You anticipate project needs and are resourceful in getting the required information to get your job done.
· You’re a collaborative and business savvy individual willing to work across business units with a variety of stakeholders, demonstrating curiosity to learn beyond your own function.
· You’re passionate about learning. You have a unique opportunity to work alongside our nationwide underwriting and claims experts to gain a wide exposure to insurance trends. You are highly motivated and willing to learn a new claims management system, while providing adjuster support/data entry in a dynamic and ever-changing role.
· You’re a team-player. Our office has a collaborative atmosphere where learning from others and teaching others is important.
· You’re professional and client-oriented. We service clients across the globe and take pride in our professional work environment and reputation.
· You take ownership of the success of the organization and your actions contribute directly to our growth and profitability.
· Working for a Third Party Administrator in the Investigation, analysis, and direct oversight of full case load of first party property claims
· Assess first party property and third party liability claims on a nationwide basis
· Target identification of subrogation opportunities and lead recovery efforts
· Review independent adjuster reports for accuracy
· Promptly communicate with Lloyd’s of London brokers and underwriting and claims personnel of other Carrier clients to provide outstanding customer service and results
· Promptly communicate with insureds, claimants, retail agents, general agents, independent adjusters and attorneys as necessary. Strategize and take action to obtain best possible results for claims
· This position requires a high degree of knowledge with regard to all aspects of first and third party coverage
· Must be able to review insurance policy coverage, and prepare reservation of rights or declination letters when appropriate
· Be an organized, effective communicator, and possess excellent analytical, writing, negotiation, and follow-up skills
· Prepare proposed expense and loss reserve/settlement reports that exceed authority for submission Provide technical assistance and direction to your team members and be a party to their success
· Contribute to the capture of critical data and to the development of analytical reports to our clients
· Ability to read, understand, and apply policy terms
· Bachelor’s degree
· Minimum of 5 years of first-party property and third-party liability adjusting experience
· TPA experience an advantage
· Insurance designations and commitment to ongoing insurance education preferred
· Exemplary customer service
· Ability to accurately handle a full case load in a fast paced environment
· Ability and willingness to commit to extended schedules following significant catastrophe losses
· Outstanding organizational skills and maintenance of diary system
· Competence in using MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and the ability to learn new IT applications such as carrier or TPA systems
· Competitive base compensation
· Health benefits
· Employer paid continuing education courses and designations
· Many exciting opportunities for career advancement
How to Apply
About Insurance Career Network Inc.Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role. Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment. Contact Jan at 416 703 5120 x202
724 total views, 1 today