Full-Time Claims Examiner – Specialty Lines
Premier (Premier Marine/Premier Canada) is one of Canada’s largest Managing Underwriting Agencies. A leader in the Specialty Insurance industry, 100% Canadian owned. Our people are committed to performance, positive outcomes, and career development that lead to mutual success for our organization, our valued employees, our partners and clients.
Whether you’re starting your career or taking it to the next level, Premier offers a unique environment for you to grow & succeed. If you believe in a job well done, then consider the following:
POSITION: Claims Examiner – Specialty Lines
LOCATION: Any Office Location (Vancouver, Toronto, London, Cambridge)
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- The Claims Examiner will handle all types of claim assignments, including files in litigation. Our products include Professional Lines, Environmental/Pollution, Construction, Specialty Commercial Programs, Specialty Personal Lines and Marine.
- This may include some occasional travel to attend mediations across Canada
Qualifications and Skills required:
- A minimum 5 years’ claims examining or adjusting experience, involvement with specialty lines
- Experience in handling claim files involved in litigation
- Strong understanding and ability to interpret policy wordings
- The ability to set priorities, solve problems, and be resourceful under pressure
- Excellent investigation, analytical and negotiation skills
- Strong customer service focus, verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and skills with Microsoft Office applications
- University or College education is preferred
- CIP or currently enrolled in institute courses to obtain CIP
- Bilingual – French / English is considered an asset
Founded in 1989, Premier is head quartered in Vancouver, with 5 additional offices located across Canada – Toronto, London, Cambridge, Laval, and Calgary. With over 150 employees, Premier’s companies include Premier Canada, Premier Marine, and Oceanic. Visit our website for more information on our company and our unique specialty insurance products www.premiergroup.ca
When you join Premier, you join a growing organization that’s focused on providing first class innovative insurance solutions! We will collaborate with you to develop your skills and talents to their fullest potential, exposing you to a broad range of assignments and continuous learning opportunities in a dynamic fast paced environment.
We offer you a comprehensive benefit plan, offering exceptional health, medical, dental, vision care and life insurance; etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Premier is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status or condition protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
How to ApplyQualified applicants should submit their cover letter and resume outlining their qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org . We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, please note only those under consideration will be contacted.
29 total views, 1 today