Full-Time Claims Examiner
As a property and casualty insurance specialist for more than 100 years, Sandbox Mutual Insurance Company seeks opportunities to be the preferred insurance carrier. At Sandbox, we not only celebrate people, but we are driven by a relentless need to build personal connections resulting in exceptional customer experiences. Join a team that strives to become a beacon of hope in times where people need us the most.
We are very excited to be growing our Sandbox Mutual Insurance family. We have a permanent full-time position of Claims Examiner and are on the search for our team member. Reporting to the Manager, Claims & Facilities, the successful candidate is responsible for examination and resolution of routine claims.
As Claims Examiner, YOU Will Be Responsible For
• Examines routine claim files, gives direction to staff and independent adjusters, confirms coverage and authorizes loss payments.
• Answers routine inquiries from insureds, brokers, and adjusters.
• Adjusts claims by telephone.
• Trains and provides guidance to clerical staff.
• Performs related duties as required.
What We Need From YOU!
• Completion of Grade 12 education.
• Successful completion of at least two Insurance Institute courses along with a positive commitment toward completion of the CIP designation, demonstrated by completing two Institute courses per year.
• Two years related insurance experience, one of which must have been as an underwriter or claims dispatcher.
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
• Ability to note details, make accurate observations and sound decisions.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
WHY SANDBOX MUTUAL INSURANCE?
Come grow your career with a company committed to putting people first. At Sandbox, we take pride in caring for our employees as it is the collaborative efforts of our entire team which will allow us to continue to remain successful today and into the future.
This unionized position offers an annual salary range of $51,807 – 67,871, a comprehensive benefits package, a fun and inclusive work environment, professional development opportunities and the potential for further advancement within the company.
How to ApplyHOW TO APPLY Please submit an electronic copy of your cover letter and resume with Claims Examiner SP#262 in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. The posting will remain open until the position is filled. Sandbox Mutual Insurance thanks all interested candidates; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
201 total views, 1 today