Full-Time Claims Associate – Commercial
Our client is a specialist provider of insurance solutions and services designed to protect and preserve Canada’s distinct communities, cultures and heritage. Working closely with the independent national broker network, they provide customized insurance solutions.
Reporting to the Vice President, Claims, the Claims Associate is responsible for assisting all members of the claims team with claims handling and investigations and act as the point of contact for customers and our network of broker partners. This position will consult and collaborate with the organization’s stakeholders both internally and externally under the direction of the Vice President, Claims
- Provides support to the national claims team in order to meet the objectives of handling claims efficiently and effectively including data entry, updating information in a variety of Claim technologies, issuing payments and adjusting reserves as per the claims procedures.
- Manages correspondence in the claims process on behalf of the claims team (notification, case reserves, investigation, evaluation, negotiation, settlement subrogation, reinsurance recoveries and closure,) according to policies, procedures and standards for quality of claims handling and customer service
- Responds to inquiries on status of claims from brokers and customers.
- Provides support and co-ordinates claims management meetings.
- Conducts research on specific issues working with management and generates reports as required.
- Communicates on issues related to risk management as directed and promotes the tri-lateral business model.
- Other duties as required
Education and experience
University Degree or College Diploma or equivalent insurance experience. CIP designation complete or in progress
2 years of relevant experience. Overall experience and exposure to financial management methods, the nature of insurance risk and reinsurance costs, underwriting, claims underwriting and reinsurance.
Knowledge and applied experience in the insurance industry, insurance coverage, as well as investigation and adjudication of claims. Broad knowledge of specialty insurance core markets
A team player with a customer-centric approach, ready to deliver great service. Effective and professional negotiation, selling, and advocating skills and the ability to organize and complete work on time and within budget. Effective written and oral communication skills are required.
A person who is positive, confident, energized, articulate, empathetic and approachable. Someone with an interest in volunteering and giving back will appreciate our company’s mission of charitable giving.
- Enjoy a competitive compensation package.
- Access a competitive and comprehensive company-funded health, wellness, Health Spending Account, dental and income protection plans.
- Participate in a generous defined contribution pension plan, voluntary TFSA, as well as two paid ‘Personal Days’ and one paid ‘Wellness Day’ each year.
- Appreciate a monthly transportation allowance to assist you with the costs of commuting to work.
- Participate in on-the-job learning, continuous professional development, and have course fees paid by the company.
- Work in a flexible environment, enjoying a work life balance optimized by a work from home policy.
How to ApplyInsurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role. Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment. TO APPLY: Register and submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Monica for more information 416 703-5120 ext 201
69 total views, 2 today