Full-Time Claims Analyst
Our client is a global leader in legal expense insurance, they offer an innovative and comprehensive range of legal expense products and services for brokers, underwriting agents and insurers across Canada.
Reporting to the Vice President Claims & Chief Legal Officer, the Claims Analyst will be responsible to support our efforts as we expand and strengthen our presence across Canada in the legal expense insurance market.
Please note staff members are temporarily working remotely until it is safe to return to the office.
What will you do?
- Review and assess new and potential claims to determine coverage under the applicable insurance contract and take appropriate action.
- Participate hands-on in the resolution of complex claims and coverage issues
- Deliver training on products, risk management presentations and advice to lawyers and firms
- Monitor outsourced claims to ensure quality assurance and excellent client service is achieved
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with external lawyers
- Assist with various accounting functions as assigned
- Assist in the development, implementation and administration of claims management policies, procedures, and systems
- Determine and report the liability and damages exposure of the insured in respect of a claim.
- Coordinate and manage claim files including liaison with insureds, brokers, external counsel and internal clients.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in claims adjusting including experience in insurance litigation & tort law
- Ability to evaluate and assist in the successful resolution of litigation
- Comprehensive understanding of legal fees and billing assessment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective problem solving and proven analytical skills, organizational and decision-making ability in order to develop/implement effective solutions.
- High-level interpersonal skills required to build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients.
- Service oriented professional with a positive attitude and a strong desire to succeed.
- Competitive Base Salary including annual bonus plan
- Generous Employer Paid Benefits Plan, including RSP matching
- Location is a combination of remote work from home and our new head office in the heart of Toronto’s Financial District
101 total views, 1 today