Full-Time Claims Adjuster II
Job ID: 6822
Working Business Language: English
Salary Range: At Wawanesa, salary is one component of a holistic, comprehensive and competitive offering that we provide to our employees. Salary offered is based on the knowledge, skills and experience you bring to the role and may vary by location.
At Wawanesa, we’re proud to offer a flexible hybrid work environment where our employees may have the flexibility to work from the office, hybrid or remote. This role requires you to work at a Wawanesa Office and/or requires you to be able to travel by ground as much as necessary. You may work from any of the following locations: British Columbia and/or Alberta.
The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company, founded in 1896, is one of Canada’s largest mutual insurers, with over $4 billion in annual revenue and assets of $12 billion. Wawanesa Mutual, with executive offices in Winnipeg, is the parent company of Wawanesa General, which offers property and casualty insurance in California and Oregon; Wawanesa Life, which provides life insurance products and services throughout Canada; and Western Financial Group, which distributes personal and business insurance across Canada. Wawanesa proudly serves more than two million members in Canada and the United States. Wawanesa actively gives back to organizations that strengthen communities where it operates, donating well above internationally recognized benchmarks for excellence in corporate philanthropy.
We are currently looking for dedicated, driven, and enthusiastic individuals who thrive in an environment that welcomes change and are looking for an opportunity for diverse experience and advancement on a growing team.
The Claims Adjuster II – Condo Unit Owners contributes to Wawanesa’s goal of delivering an exceptional and consistent claims service experience through the fair and equitable adjustment of complex property claims through telephone and written correspondence.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Interpret policy wordings, determine policy coverage and ensure appropriate reserving
- Investigate losses to determine liability
- Evaluate relevant information from sources such as appraisers, third party adjusters, contractors and repair facilities in order to quantify losses
- Negotiate with insureds, claimants, lawyers and insurers
- Coordinate services with vendors and service providers
- Adjust claims from inception to completion in a proactive manner
- Provide ongoing technical advice and guidance to junior inside claims staff
Maintain accurate records based on company standards and policies within the claims system
- Remain up-to-date with legislative changes and trends in the insurance industry
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum 1 year insurance adjusting experience
- Working toward Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation
- Effective customer service skills including empathy and concern for our customers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent investigative and analytical skills
- Highly proficient time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry
Excellent negotiation skills
Wawanesa is proud to be one of Manitoba’s Top Employers for 2023 recognizing that we are an exceptional place to work!
Wawanesa provides its employees with a respectful, challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals. Our full-time permanent employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, generous vacation allowance, leave top up, annual bonus plan, premium free benefits and a pension plan). Wawanesa provides a stable environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
Wawanesa is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse workforce that is equitable and inclusive for all. Wawanesa provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s protected status: race/ethnicity, colour, religion, creed, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family or marital status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected status. Accommodations are available upon request throughout all aspects of the selection process. Candidates requiring accommodations may contact, in confidence, firstname.lastname@example.org.
142 total views, 2 today