|HSB BI&I is a leader in providing specialized equipment breakdown insurance. We provide insurance and reinsurance to Canadian and global businesses through our coast to coast network of offices, 4,000 independent insurance brokers and over 50 major insurance companies. HSB BI&I is a member of the Hartford Steam Boiler Group and part of the global Munich Re Group of Companies.
- We have over 140 years of experience and through our modern systems and practices remain unsurpassed in meeting our customers’ needs.
- You can become an expert in your field while enjoying a healthy work/life balance and a collaborative, friendly atmosphere in our offices.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits program to our employees.
We invite you to learn more about us at our website: www.munichre.com/hsbbii
Situated in our Vancouver Branch Office and reporting to the Claims Manager, Commercial Lines, the main focus of the Claims Adjuster is the prompt, professional and effective investigation and adjustment of core equipment breakdown claims, as well as some personal lines claims. As part of a dynamic growing unit, the successful candidate will also participate in and lead special project initiatives geared to improve practices and efficiencies.
In compliance with established company standards and procedures, and in observance of superior customer service practices, the main responsibilities of this position involve:
- Full-cycle claims handling; from First Notice of Loss to final settlement and payment
- Appoint and lead experts in support of the investigation of claims
- Negotiate settlements and other challenges to resolve claims
- Interact with insureds and reinsureds to provide advice and guidance towards effective resolution of claims
- University Degree and/or CIP designation completed or in process
- 3-5 years related work experience processing commercial property claims
- Some personal lines insurance experience an asset
- Capable of managing a large workload while working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong negotiation and customer service skills
- Good written and strong oral communication
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in MS Office
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices.
Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference CL00116-CU and send a covering letter along with a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.