Full-Time Chief Operations Officer (Toronto or Edmonton)
As the Chief Operations Officer you will be responsible for overseeing our broker and client experience in addition to the overall operational strategy to support the growth targets in each of our Navacord operating businesses. You will work alongside a team of business leaders, producers and operational leaders to identify, develop and execute the business’s strategic plan.
Who We Are:
Navacord is a leading insurance and risk management brokerage firm dedicated to providing expert solutions to businesses across Canada. Our focus is on property and casualty insurance, surety, employee benefits and personal insurance.
Find more about Navacord, visit: www.navacord.com
The mandate of the Chief Operations Officer is to drive a seamless operations experience for broker partner organizations and provide day-to-day operational support and guidance, leading a light and lean shared service team, enabling partners to elevate and focus on sales generation.
- Leverages the identification of back office synergies to refine the operational support and shared capabilities available to broker partners
- Lead the operational integration of broker partners into Navacord as well as act as day-to-day facilitator of broker partner inquiries / requests
- Continues to provide governance and coordination for working group meetings, tracking and influencing working group program design, development and delivery
- Leads the creation and maintenance of standards operating procedures and service level agreements to drive consistent and efficient delivery of shared services to broker partner organizations
- Sets the strategic direction for the function, ensuring that the function delivers on established service level agreements and operational metrics for the business
- Leads the establishment of processes that identify service and process improvement needs and implements process improvement initiatives to drive a more seamless experience for broker partners
- Provides leadership of operational insurance company marketing capabilities to drive greater alignment between sales activities, local needs, and consistent and efficient delivery of service
- Oversight and support on internal marketing initiatives including the creation, communication and delivery offerings that have value for customers, clients or business partners.
- Working across the business, develops an integrated IT strategy and roadmap for the organization, providing leadership to IT support capabilities to drive efficient delivery of IT support service
- Executive oversight and ownership for all MGA’s, Captives and Alternative Risks
What We Value:
- Strong influencing skills to build and maintain effective relationships with broker partners
- Ability to translate a strategic vision into operational activities
- Experience advancing operational capabilities and leveraging data to form operational insights and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of service
- Strong ability to function operationally, working to deliver on day-to-day operational broker partner inquiries / requests
- Leadership and management skills of a cross-functional operational team(s) (external marketing, IT
- strategy, IT support)
- Ability to quickly gain cross-region, industry, product and service expertise to effectively meet local operational needs
- Proficiency in prioritization, managing multiple operational tasks and the ability to operate under tight timelines
You Must Have:
- 15 years + of industry workplace experience specifically in Operations roles whereby you had relations with producers, brokers and underwriters
- Insurance industry designations such as RIBO, CIP, CRM and CAIB
- An impressive academic background consisting of post secondary education, certificates, industry programs, etc.
- Track record of establishing short- and long-term product growth goals, and then executing operating plans to achieve them
- Solid leadership skills, energy, and teaming capability; the ability to lead and motivate, share vision, inspire, and rally colleagues
This Position Includes:
- Travel required within Canada (Alberta/Ontario)
- Competitive compensation package including:
- Fair market annual compensation
- Short term incentive pay of up to 40% of annual compensation
- Long term incentive pay of share ownership in Navacord
- 4 weeks vacation
- Competitive benefit and RRSP package
- Professional development paid at 100%
- Flexible and rewarding work environment
Position Title: Chief Operations Officer
Direct Reports: 2: Marketing Director and IT Director
Location: Toronto or Edmonton
Reporting To: CEO, Navacord
How to ApplyIf you are interested or know anyone that is interested in the above role please contact Kristin Coulombe at firstname.lastname@example.org We are committed to providing accommodation upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
582 total views, 1 today